Claims Support Associate (Salem, OR)
As a Claims Support Associate within the Property/Casualty Claims division at COUNTRY Financial, you will be focused on providing administrative support and assistance to our claims adjusters, claims supervisors and Financial Representatives. This position plays a vital role in providing a positive, satisfying, and consistent claims experience for our customers.
The person in this position provides positive, satisfying, and consistent claims experience for our customers by delivering timely, thorough and accurate administrative support and assistance to claims adjusters, claims supervisors, and Financial Representatives including claims assignment and reassignment, general claims processing, and administrative assistance to claims departments.
This position will be assigned to work out of our home office in Bloomington, IL, our western office in Salem, OR, or our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta).
- Reviews, evaluates, and ensures accuracy of incoming claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms for efficiently making claims assignments and reassignments to appropriate units. Completes all data entry required on a daily basis to document and communicate extensively with supervisors and adjusters regarding reporting requirements, adjustments, and reassignment of claim files.
- Accesses systems (i.e. Siebel Passport, Internet, vendor database) to support general claims processing including: verification of coverage, draft data entry, ordering of claims related reports, and preparing letters, forms, and correspondence required for the claim.
- Provides administrative assistance to multiple claims departments including the generation of claims support documents, assist with mail and imaging, answers phone calls and emails, backs-up other CSR’s during high service times, compiles claims specific data for supervisor reports, and provides back-up assistance during peak periods, storm situations, leaves, etc.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- High school diploma or GED with customer service or support role experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including telephone etiquette).
- Ability to work with a wide variety of staff, management, claims personnel and external contacts.
- Good personal computing skills, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel (or their equivalents).
- At least 4 years customer service experience in the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of property/casualty claims operations and experience working with Claims reporting systems.
- Can perform Claims Support functions in an independent manner and serve as a resource to others.
- Demonstrates strong relationship-building skills, initiative, and work prioritization and organizational skills.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top