COUNTRY Financial is seeking a Claims Specialist to join their field claims team. This position provides a consistent, positive and satisfying claims experience for our clients through the proper investigation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement of property claims.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Investigating and settling one or more of these complex claims types: liability, property and/or material damage. Determining applicable policy coverage, evaluating damages, assessing liability, and creating applicable negotiation strategies.
- Obtains and analyzing a wide variety of applicable documentation related to assigned claims, some of which may include, i.e., ISO reports, fire reports, police reports, cause & origin reports, medical reports, engineer reports, written estimates, witness accounts, etc.
- Completing physical inspections of the more extensive losses (when necessary), evaluating damages, and preparing written estimates according to policy provisions and published company guidelines.
- Initiating first contact with insureds, claimants, and all relevant parties to gather basic information, obtain recorded statements (when necessary), and explain the overall claims process.
- Maintaining continuous communication with all affected parties regarding each step of the claims process.
- Communicating and negotiating with a variety of individuals regarding investigation and settlement of applicable claims, i.e., insureds, claimants, attorneys, medical providers, insurance carriers, and other involved parties.
- Acting as resident expert while providing direction, support, and training of lesser-experienced Claims Representatives.
- Participating in round tabling on applicable claim files and has significant responsibility for coaching and developing employees.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster's licensing as required by the states in which we do business.
- Five or more years of claims adjusting experience (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, investigate, and settle the more complex claims within higher settlement authority limits than those handled by Sr. Claims Representative.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication, including telephone etiquette, possesses good decision-making skills and the ability to persuade and negotiate effectively, possesses the ability to handle potential conflict effectively and constructively, and demonstrates good organizational skills, analytical ability, and detail orientation and knowledge of basic math and geometry.
- Previous experience handling claims applicable to area of specialist assignment.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task while interacting effectively with financial representatives, claimants, insureds, internal staff members, and external contacts, and must be able to work independently in the field or as a member of a team.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college with a degree in business, insurance or agribusiness (or the equivalent in related work experience).
- Possesses competent knowledge with residential and commercial construction techniques.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft WORD and Excel (or their equivalents), Xactimate, and/or other claims estimating software (as applicable). Basic computer and data entry skills
- Work is split approximately (up to) 60% field and 40% office, which will be contingent upon assigned claim type(s) within a specific geographic territory.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with the ability to drive an automobile.
- Must have the physical dexterity to walk, reach, climb, and crawl to inspect damage, sometimes in unfavorable working conditions or inclement weather.
- The ability to lift, carry, and climb ladders weighing up to 50 pounds may be required (applicable to property claims only).
- Work may involve overtime or extend beyond normal business hours due to business need or in the case of emergency situations .
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top