Claims Representative I
At COUNTRY Financial, our Claims Representative I provides customer service through taking initial claim report. Gathers and documents First Notice of Loss (FNOL) Information. Makes claims referral decisions. Takes recorded statements from parties to a loss. Work focuses on investigating and settling claims, such as multi-vehicle accidents, liability claims involving comparative negligence, bodily injury, fire losses, total theft losses, storm losses and commercial losses. Responsible for providing support to the personal lines of business, including personal auto, homeowners and umbrella. Responsible for investigating and settling property and liability claims within their given authority.
- Communicates with clients via telephone to set up new claims and obtain necessary information.
- Investigates claims by determining applicable policy coverage, evaluating damages, and settling assigned claims.
- Coordinates activities with auto appraisers, body shops, rental companies, glass shops and others to bring claims to a conclusion according to policy provisions.
- Bachelor’s degree OR,
- At least 2 years of claims adjustment or customer service experience in the insurance industry
- 100% office work within a 24 × 7 environment (hours will vary).
- Position involves heavy telephone work under tight deadlines.
- May involve infrequent travel, some of which may be overnight.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top