Claims Internship - Bloomington, IL
COUNTRY Financial is offering four Claims internship for summer 2017 in Bloomington, IL.
- This is a full-time, paid internship.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a college degree for the duration of the internship
- This internship is for summer 2017. The internship may be extended part-time into the fall semester; depending on the availability of the student, the needs of the company, and strong work performance.
- This internship will be located in Bloomington, IL. Eligible interns will have the option to utilize the COUNTRY housing assistance program and receive a stipend for the rent expense paid by COUNTRY directly to the housing company.
- Claims interns will experience a fast-paced environment where they provide consistent, positive and satisfying claims experience for our clients. They will handle auto claims by coordinating appraiser inspections and investigating coverage to determine fair settlement.
- Work focuses on auto claims with clear liability in personal and commercial lines of business
- Communicate with clients via telephone to set up new claims and obtain necessary information
- Receive first notice of loss from agency offices and the internet
- Determine appropriate coverage, interpret state specific policies, and understand the extent of loss and liability
- Explain the overall claims process to clients in accordance to Best Practices
- Log all claims, including complex ones, on the claims system
- Settle clear liability claims by determining applicable policy coverage and reviewing evaluated damage
- Obtain and analyze documentation related to the claim and draw proper conclusion related to the claim investigation
- Coordinate activities with Auto Appraisers, Material Damage Specialists, body shops, rental companies, glass shops, etc.
- Maintain continuous communication with all affected parties regarding each step of the claims process
- Previous customer service experience is desired
- Ability to deal effectively and empathetically with our clients
- Committed to work within a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Comfortable dealing with conflict and effective in potentially difficult situations
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization, prioritization and listening skills
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
Back to top