Claims Associate - Salem, OR
COUNTRY Financial is seeking Claims Associates to join their Salem, OR office claims team. This position provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients through the proper investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of strict liability vehicle claims.
- Provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients by delivering superior claims service.
- Investigates claims by determining applicable policy coverage, evaluating damages, and settling assigned claims. Obtains and analyzes a wide variety of documentation related to the claim and draws the proper conclusions for the claim.
- Coordinates activities with auto appraisers, body shops, rental companies, glass shops and others on auto claims to bring claims to a conclusion according to policy provisions while also working to control costs.
- Initiates first contact with insureds and all relevant parties to gather basic information and explains the overall claims process in accordance to Best Practices.
- Maintains continuous communication with all affected parties regarding each step of the claims process.
- Communicates with clients via telephone to set up new claims and obtain necessary information. May also receive first notice of loss from agency offices and the internet. Explains the overall claims process in accordance to Best Practices.
- Meets monthly phone, availability, customer satisfaction and other goals set by management.
- Assists each caller to the fullest extent and takes ownership of each call.
- Refers claims exceeding assigned scope to Central Claims Office (CCO) for further investigation. Refers claims exceeding assigned scope to CCO for further investigation.
- Evaluates and interprets state-specific policies and laws in each of the 18 states where the organization conducts business.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster's licensing if required by the states in which we do business.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication, including telephone etiquette, possesses good decision-making skills and the ability to persuade and negotiate effectively, possesses the ability to handle potential conflict effectively and constructively, and demonstrates good organizational skills, analytical ability, and detail orientation.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task while interacting effectively with financial representatives, claimants, insureds, internal staff members, and external contacts.
- Basic computer and data entry skills.
- Experience with insurance company operations and financial services products.
- Experience with handling auto claims.
- Working knowledge of business systems including Siebel and Microsoft office.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- This position requires handling a high volume of phone calls, emails and web inquiries in a production environment.
- There may be extended periods of confinement to work station during peak periods.
More information about work hours and scheduling:
- Training starts September 11, 2017 for 5 weeks in classroom followed by a M-F schedule for 4 weeks of on the job training.
- Scheduled work hours starting Nov 11, 2017 can be any day of week, including weekends any time from 7am-9pm CST.
- May be required to work holidays.
- Schedules are subject to business needs.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top