Claims Associate - Bloomington, IL
At COUNTRY Financial, our Claims Associate handles calls from customers reporting new claims and any informational questions pertaining to their claims. Settles automobile claims with a focus on single-vehicle clear liability claims and advises clients of process for these entry level claim types. Logs calls on a PC system and assigns claims to the appropriate claims office as needed.
- Provides a consistent, positive, and satisfying claims experience for our clients by delivering superior claims service.
- Investigates claims by determining applicable policy coverage, evaluating damages, and settling assigned claims. Obtains and analyzes a wide variety of documentation related to the claim and draws the proper conclusions for the claim.
- Coordinates activities with auto appraisers, body shops, rental companies, glass shops and others on auto claims to bring claims to a conclusion according to policy provisions while also working to control costs.
- Initiates first contact with insureds and all relevant parties to gather basic information and explains the overall claims process in accordance to Best Practices.
- Maintains continuous communication with all affected parties regarding each step of the claims process.
- Communicates with clients via telephone to set up new claims and obtain necessary information. May also receive first notice of loss from agency offices and the internet. Explains the overall claims process in accordance to Best Practices.
- Meets monthly phone, availability, customer satisfaction and other goals set by management.
- Assists each caller to the fullest extent and takes ownership of each call.
- Refers claims exceeding assigned scope to CCO for further investigation. Refers claims exceeding assigned scope to CCO for further investigation.
- Evaluates and interprets state-specific policies and laws in each of the 18 states where the organization conducts business.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Maintains the appropriate adjuster’s licensing if required by the states in which we do business.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively and empathetically with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, production environment with the flexibility to meet service standards.
- Deals effectively with conflict and potentially difficult situations.
- Demonstrates strong personal computer skills with keyboarding proficiency and a sound working knowledge or Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and the technologies used in support of claims, i.e. Siebel, etc.
- Previous claims or customer service experience is preferred.
- Previous user experience with Siebel (or similar systems) is preferred.
- Must possess these effective skills and abilities:
- Written and oral communication skills
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Effective listening skills
- Customer service orientation
- Multi-tasking skills
- This position requires handling a high volume of phone calls, emails and web inquiries in a production environment.
- There may be extended periods of confinement to work station during peak periods.
More information about work hours and scheduling:
- Training begins on Monday, January 23rd. First 5 weeks of training will have 8a-4:30p CT work schedule. After training, staggered start times will be assigned until the beginning of permanent schedules.
- Will be assigned to work four weekdays and either a Saturday or Sunday with hours between 7a-9p CST.
- May be required to work holidays.
- Schedules are subject to business needs.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top