Catastrophe Claims Specialist 3
At COUNTRY Financial, our Catastrophe Claims Specialist 3 investigates property/casualty claims. Determines cause of loss, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges property damage appraisals, and settles claims. Located both in a centralized environment or field. Expected to work extended hours and required to work away from home location for long periods of time. Typically, a personal lines function.
- This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
- Responds to deployment directives and travels to catastrophe areas to evaluate, negotiate, and settle personal and commercial lines property claims resulting from natural catastrophes in various geographic locations.
- Investigates and completes physical inspections of property claims, evaluates damages, and prepares written estimates according to policy provisions.
- Initiates first contact with insureds and all relevant parties to gather basic information, obtain recorded statements and explain the overall claims process.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of property claims adjusting or construction or equivalent work experience OR at least 7 years of property claims adjusting or construction or equivalent work experience.
- Work is split approximately (up to) 90% field and 10% office, which will be contingent upon assigned claim type(s) within a specific geographic territory.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with the ability to drive an automobile.
- Must have the physical dexterity to walk, reach, climb, and crawl to inspect damage, sometimes in unfavorable working conditions or inclement weather.
- The ability to lift, carry, and climb ladders weighing up to 80 pounds may be required (applicable to property claims only).
- Must have the ability to climb and access two-plus story structures.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top