Associate Software Developer-.Net
COUNTRY Financial® is seeking an Associate Software Developer position to join our Life/Health Administration team. This position is focused on Systems Analysis and Environment Management for a complex multi-platform policy administration system and all associated interfaces. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a multi-year transformational effort spanning many different technologies and impacting many different business units in the company. This position will play a large role in our ability to deliver solutions to our business partners.
Our Associate Software Developer ensures the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology lifecycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
This position will be assigned to work out of our southern office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta) or our central office in the Minneapolis, MN area (Arden Hills).
- Design, build, implement, and support COUNTRY’s IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COUNTRY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in information technology or related experience OR, Master’s degree and no experience OR, at least 4 years of experience in information technology or related experience.
- Strong background in problem solving, SQL, XML, and excellent communication skills.
- Advanced analysis, impact assessment and troubleshooting ability.
- Strong understanding of Database Management System concepts and tooling.
- Ability to develop advanced SQL scripts.
- Experience working with web services & XML.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, integration & batch processing.
- Works well in a team setting both locally and remotely.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong collaboration / communication skills with the ability to work with business & vendor partners as well as various IT teams.
- Life / Health insurance industry background is a plus.
- Prior configurable software package support & maintenance experience.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.#LI-SK1
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top