Agency Manager - Columbia, MO
At COUNTRY Financial, our Agency Manager recruits and trains new financial representatives and continues sales development of all financial representatives within the assigned area. An Agency Manager manages staff, general offices, and public relations for COUNTRY Financial within the assigned area and works with all members of the District’s Agency team to achieve overall district objectives.
- Recruits, tests, selects and retains new financial representatives. Follows recruiting and selection procedures of COUNTRY Financial when offering an associate or trainee financial representative agreement.
- Coordinates and executes the Financial Representative Development Timeline for the trainee Financial Representative and for making additional and advanced training available to the career financial representatives.
- Directs the activities of the trainee financial representative to enhance the opportunity of becoming a successful career financial representative. Understands and supports “Best Business” practices through the use of the COUNTRY Financial business development systems, including Passport (company intranet), laptops, Planning Station, and Integrity Selling.
- Determines, with Home Office assistance, if a trainee financial representative will be offered a career financial representative contract.
- Monitors career financial representative compliance with the Financial Representative’s Agreement. Works with Home Office in dealing with or resolving any agreement problems.
- Participates in joint sales calls with trainee financial representative and, if requested, with career financial representatives.
- Assists trainee financial representatives in monitoring and improving production persistency and profitability. If requested, can assist career financial representatives in same areas.
- Assists career financial representatives in meeting corporate standards in agent offices.
- Monitors employee financial representatives’ benchmark program on a monthly basis. Assists employee financial representatives in attaining monthly benchmarks.
- Responsible for the achievement of COUNTRY Financial objectives as directed by the Company in assigned area.
- Carries out overall corporate marketing direction in assigned area.
- Serves as a liaison between the Home Office and trainee and career financial representatives providing necessary communications and assistance.
- Upon request, assists career financial representatives in further development of sales or management skills.
- Education equivalent to a college degree or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Series 6, 63 and 26 securities licenses (must complete Series 26 within six months of date of appointment as Agency Manager).
- Displays knowledge of the various products marketed by COUNTRY Financial.
- Remains aware of the changes and trends in the industry and has the ability to transfer this knowledge to a sales staff.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills to work effectively with various and diverse internal personnel and external contacts.
- Effectiveness in working through conflict and ambiguity to meet the needs of business partners and customers.
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills with the ability to define value, service and efficiency.
- Demonstrates ability to teach and train financial representatives in multi-line selling concepts.
- Possesses ability to recruit and select financial representatives that will be successful in the insurance profession.
- Frequent travel is necessary to visit agent office locations to provide training and supervision. Additional travel is required for sales meetings, conferences, or training classes.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Back to top