Advertising Sales Manager
At Illinois Farm Bureau, parent company of COUNTRY Financial, our Advertising Sales Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the advertising and sponsorship programs for all Illinois Farm Bureau (IFB) communications platforms including FarmWeek®, FarmWeekNow.com, and the RFD Radio Network®. Develops, manages and supervises an advertising sales staff. Generates advertising revenue. Coordinates promotion of all communications platforms.
- Hires, manages, provides ongoing training guidance for and supervises a sales force and support staff to sell advertising and sponsorships for all IFB media platforms. Generates advertising revenue.
- Oversees and coordinates local, regional and national advertising sales and sponsorship efforts of IFB.
- Works cooperatively with Editor of Content and Publications, Director of Network and Audio Services, Digital News Manager and other division and organization staff to execute successful advertising sales program.
- Works cooperatively with Promotion and Graphic Arts and AV staffs to ensure the smooth and orderly flow of advertising copy from layout, script writing, to production and placement.
- Helps create, execute, analyze and utilize results of communications platform audience measurement surveys and analytics.
- Implements a marketing and promotions plan and develops promotional materials to execute a successful advertising sales program and raise knowledge and awareness of all IFB communications platforms.
- Creates and modifies a rate structure for advertising for all IFB communications platforms.
- Stays adept at agricultural industry, agricultural communications trends and technology, especially in advertising.
- Supervises budget and cost control for advertising program across all IFB communications platforms.
- Supervises Print and Publications Business Manager in all functions.
- College degree or equivalent in related work experience. College degree in Advertising or Marketing is preferred.
- Eight or more years in advertising sales or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working directly with national advertising agencies and sales representatives.
- Experience in sales management of multiple communications platforms is preferred.
- Adept at agricultural industry, agricultural communications trends and technology, especially in advertising across all platforms including print, broadcast, digital and social.
- Thorough knowledge of legal and ethical advertising standards across all communications platforms.
- Motivate and supervise sales representatives and advertising staff.
- Innovate and implement new approaches and sales programs.
- Understanding of communications platform audience measurement surveys and analytics is preferred.
- Innovate and implement media platform promotion programs that lead to increased knowledge and awareness of the quality of IFB media platforms and increased advertising sales.
- Ability to adjust to agricultural industry, agricultural communications trends and technology, especially in advertising across all platforms including print, broadcast, digital and social.
- Ability to organize assignments and numerous details to meet advertising sales deadlines.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in communicating with fellow division content providers, farmers, County Farm Bureau Managers and others who may serve as information resources for and constituents of various IFB communications platforms.
- Ability to analyze, understand and adjust to economic forces shaping the agriculture industry.
- Ability to examine communications platform audience measurement surveys and analytics and utilize them to adjust advertising sales strategies and increase advertising sales is preferred.
- Travel associated with advertising sales and communications platform promotions.
For more details about careers at Illinois Farm Bureau, please visit us online at www.ilfb.org/careers.
Back to top