Actuarial Internship - Life/Health or Property/Casualty
As an actuarial intern at COUNTRY Financial, you will work across our Life/Health or Property/Casualty divisions to:
- Assist in gathering data, manipulating data, performing calculations, and producing reports
- Learn basic product designs and features in order to value liabilities and project future cash flows
- Learn actuarial techniques in pricing, modeling, and reserving
- Work on projects related to rate-making, profitability analysis, projections, reserving, administration, competitive position, etc.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer programming to fulfill management requests
- Create tools and reports for the purpose of validation, tracking, auditing, competitive analysis, etc.
- Develop working knowledge of actuarial software and reporting functionality
- Pursuing a degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Graduation date of August 2018 or beyond
- One or more actuarial exams passed (preferred). Hourly salary ranges from $20 - $25 based upon the number of exams passed.
- Basic knowledge of general mathematics, interest functions, and principles of insurance
- Spreadsheet, database, word processing, and/or computer programming skills (preferred)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work full-time hours from May to August 2018. The internship may be extended part-time into the fall semester; depending on the availability of the student, the needs of the company, and strong work performance.
Meet Some of COUNTRY Financial's Employees
Judy often feels more like a counselor than a financial advisor because she’s so close to the everyday happenings of her clients, guiding them to make smarter financial decisions.
Back to top