COUNTRY Financial is offering actuarial internships in the Life/Health and Property/Casualty divisions for summer 2017 in Bloomington, IL.
- This is a paid internship. Hourly salary ranges from $19 – $24 based upon the number of exams passed.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a college degree for the duration of the internship
- This internship is for summer 2017. The internship may be extended into the fall semester; depending on the availability of the student, the needs of the company, and strong work performance.
- This internship will be located in Bloomington, IL. Eligible interns will have the option to utilize the COUNTRY housing assistance program and receive a stipend for the rent expense paid by COUNTRY directly to the housing company.
Responsibilities will vary depending on which division/department intern is placed:
- Assist in gathering data, manipulating data, performing calculations, and producing reports
- Learn basic product designs and features in order to value liabilities and project future cash flows
- Learn actuarial techniques in pricing, modeling, and reserving
- Work on projects related to rate-making, profitability analysis, projections, reserving, administration, competitive position, etc.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer programming to fulfill management requests
- Create tools and reports for the purpose of validation, tracking, auditing, competitive analysis, etc.
- Develop working knowledge of actuarial software and reporting functionality
- Pursuing a four year degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field
- One or more actuarial exams passed (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of general mathematics, interest functions, and principles of insurance
- Spreadsheet, database, word processing, and/or computer programming skills (preferred)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Back to top