VP Medical Affairs, Oncology
Counsyl seeks an oncology leader to join its Medical Affairs group and act as the resident medical expert on oncology product development and market outreach. The VP, Oncology will lead efforts to gain external professional support for Counsyl’s oncology products. Additionally they will work with multiple internal departments including our wet lab, software engineering and sales teams in order to contribute to product design and advise on strategic product decisions.
The VP Medical Affairs, Oncology will have an M.D. and extensive past clinical experience in the oncology field. They will be leaders with experience managing small to medium sized teams. In addition to these leadership and professional credentials, they will bring a compelling vision for the future of oncology treatment and a passion for Counsyl’s mission.
What you'll do
- Oversee Counsyl’s presence in the oncology community, with a current product line including an inherited cancer panel
- Assist in the development of new oncology products including liquid biopsy
- Lead efforts to gain professional support for Counsyl via, for example, medical conferences, networking with key influencers, and interfacing with major professional societies
- Lead outreach to cancer centers to start research trials
- Share your knowledge and intuition for oncology with other teams at Counsyl to guide product development, sales, and marketing
- Ensure ongoing currency of Counsyl’s clinical point of view on assay design and usage, with support from assay design and R&D teams
- Conceptualize and execute on research studies that support Counsyl’s strategic objectives
- Work cross-departmentally to contribute toward product development and overall strategic directions
- M.D., oncologist, with extensive clinical experience in oncology
- Managerial experience of small to medium size teams
- Able to travel, including internationally
- Comfortable explaining genomics and adept with internet and mobile technology
Counsyl is a technology company that strives to give millions of men and women access to vital information about their bodies, helping them confidently make choices about their lives. The team consists of world class engineers, scientists and clinical experts as well as a renowned engineering and scientific advisory board. Counsyl integrates sophisticated technology with custom robotic automation in its accredited medical laboratory. This focus on technology has made Counsyl a leader in helping patients and doctors communicate about medical results in real time. Its products have won the Wall Street Journal’s Innovation Award for Medicine, and have been named one of Scientific American's "Top 10 World Changing Ideas."
Counsyl’s Family Prep Screen has already helped hundreds of thousands of people discover critical information before having children, and the Counsyl platform extends beyond family preparation to include inherited cancer screening. Counsyl has raised a total of $93M and is privately funded by Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, Rosemont Seneca Technology Partners, Goldman Sachs, and Google executive David Drummond.
Counsyl is driven by some of the brightest people in the industry. Our interview process is geared to ensure that we continue to hire the very best.
Our interview process is composed of practical and situational interviews in a series of settings spanning Skype, practical exams, and in-person meetings. Our goal is to gauge both your ability to succeed in the first 90 days as well as your capacity to scale with us as we grow.
Throughout it all, we are looking to understand why you are driven to be a part of our company. Specifically, we want to know how you identify with our mission and will contribute to our team.
Back to top