VP, Information Technology
As the VP of IT at Counsyl you’ll report to the Chief Financial Officer and oversee a team that encompasses Desktop Support, Network Architecture, Systems Administration, Information Security, Business Applications and Computer and Network Storage Infrastructure. You’ll be a thought leader and operate as the face of the technical organization for concerns related to security, reliability and operational excellence.
What you'll do
- Be an IT leader and oversee a customer-oriented team that supports all of Counsyl - a high-growth, 500 employee organization with a significant, U.S. field-based commercial team
- Develop and implement a comprehensive IT strategy that allows Counsyl to scale and grow effectively
- Partner with Operations, Product Development, Research, the Commercial Team, Facilities, and other Administrative functions to ensure that IT needs are met efficiently and effectively
- Make IT “friendly and easy” to work with as it delivers services to internal customers
- Own and manage an information security strategy that covers data security, privacy and regulatory compliance
- Champion the development and retention of top talent within IT by fostering career growth and skill building of the department employees
- Drive process improvement initiatives. Identify opportunities to enhance information systems and promote more efficient, cost-effective operations across Counsyl
- Manage outside relationships with third-party service providers and IT vendors
- Stay abreast of the newest technologies and ensure that hardware and software solutions function efficiently and safely on a daily basis with appropriate backup systems in place
- Be responsible for the scientific infrastructure that serves as the backbone of one of the most automated, high-volume genome laboratories in the world
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with at least 7 years experience leading technical teams in a high-growth environment. Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading the introduction of new technologies and standards into an evolving systems environment
- Prior experience with strategic planning including short term forecasting and budgeting, and longer term cost tradeoffs such as make vs. buy decisions
- Expert understanding of HIPAA/HITECH, SOX, PCI, data security and privacy, and regulatory compliance
- Experience using SaaS third party applications and business intelligence platforms such salesforce.com, Looker and Tableau
- Previous experience managing vendor relationships
- Familiarity with high performance computing and virtualization technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by RSTP, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top