Technical Program Manager
Counsyl has grown from a startup to become one of the largest clinical genome centers in the world. We’ve brought together a variety of technical, scientific and clinical disciplines to make medically actionable DNA screening accessible to all. We’re looking for Technical Program Managers who want to work on innovative products that will help people make life-changing decisions.
Utilize your technical and business skills to make meaningful impact in an industry that is desperate for innovation and change! This is a great opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, cross-functional team working on practical technical challenges and directly contributing to the commercial success of the company.
What you'll do
- Deliver outstanding results through constant cross-functional communication, conflict resolution and decision making
- Work closely with software engineers and business partners to to bring products through the full software development lifecycle; on-spec and on-time
- Run process and meetings that accelerate, not hinder, team velocity
- Be accountable for schedules and report progress regularly to all stakeholders while mitigating risks along the way
- Ensure the quality and completeness of product and project requirement documents
- Keep the focus on priorities while shielding the team from distractions and interferences
- Be an advocate, but not zealot, for agile development best practices across the organization
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Prior success as a technical program manager in a software team, ideally with SaaS products in an entrepreneurial environment; familiarity with healthcare or genomics a plus
- Can effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all roles and levels of management
- Able to use clear, simple language to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Strong attention to detail, never leaving issues unresolved
- Well versed with agile or scrum concepts (sprints, backlog, burndown charts), with PMP and/or Certified Scrum Master certifications preferred
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by RSTP, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top