Senior Revenue / GL Accountant
We are looking to add a motivated and detail-oriented Revenue Accountant to our growing Accounting team. In this role you will report to the Assistant Controller and work cross-functionally to track revenue and expense costs for the organization.
What you'll do
- Participate in the monthly close process, including maintaining the general ledger by posting entries and reconciling accounts
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analyses for management reporting
- Work across departments to gather crucial information for the calculation of revenue and expense accruals
- Design/ implement reports and metrics for ongoing monitoring of revenue and expense accruals
- Analyze key revenue reports and MTM fluctuations to understand trends, create predictive analyses, and identify/ investigate anomalies that may be symptomatic of underlying changes in the business that need to be built in our revenue accrual model
- Prepare audit schedules and footnotes input
- Assist in driving improvements to internal processes/controls
- Perform accounting research and write accounting memos, as needed
- Adhere to internal and external deadlines and monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- CPA with 2+ years experience in accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm
- General Ledger accounting experience at a private or public company preferred
- Possess strong knowledge of general accounting methods, principles, and practices
- Flexible and willing to perform tasks in order to meet the overall department needs
- Able to drive execution and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top