People Operations Associate
Counsyl is looking for a detail oriented, friendly, customer-focused People Operations Associate to join our dynamic human resources organization. People Operations at Counsyl is in charge of the well being, growth and management of our most important resource: our employees. Talent is one of the most important differentiators in today’s technology market; as People Ops Coordinator, you’ll be on the front lines of helping us retain the best and brightest.
What you'll do
- Provide front-line customer service to Counsyl employees on HR matters
- Be the “go-to” person for routine HR questions such as benefits, systems,and policy questions
- Own and perform the employee lifecycle processes and associated administrative work, including:
- New hire processing and data entry into HRIS and vendor systems, I-9 / E-Verify, welcome communications, on-boarding session facilitation
- Employee change requests (job, supervisor, compensation, etc.)
- Referral and handoff specialty requests to other HR partners, such as Leave of Absence, Compensation, Employee Relations, etc.
- Termination processing (data entry, termination packets, communications)
- Full-cycle management of contingent workforce (on-boarding to off-boarding)
- Provide routine and ad-hoc operational HR data reporting to various stakeholder groups (headcount, attrition, demographics, etc.)
- Maintain and audit employee files
- Maintain and update information / documents on employee-facing portals, such as our intranet site
- Minimum of two years related experience in HR coordinator or HR admin role
- Working knowledge of basic employment law (Federal and CA)
- Precise: you’re incredibly well-organized, and love the feeling of putting a structured process in place
- Quantitative: you’re not afraid of numbers and know how to turn raw data into a powerful story
- Resourceful: if you don’t know, you Google it; if you can’t find it online, you network until you can find the right person who can help
- Outstanding communicator: you have a way with words - verbal and written
- Technically savvy: you’re an expert with Google Apps, including Docs, Spreadsheets, and Presentations
- Discreet: You can keep a secret! Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by RSTP, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top