Part Time Genetic Counselor
The genetic counseling team at Counsyl helps thousands of patients a year understand the results of their Counsyl screening results. We provide scheduled consults and on-demand consults by phone for all three products (Family Prep, Informed Pregnancy and Inherited Cancer).
What you'll do
- Help patients make sense of the results of high throughput genomics
- Perform phone-based genetic counseling sessions for our on-demand and scheduled consult service from a home-based office
- Document consults in professionally written consult summaries
- Apply for and maintain licensure in all required States
- You are an ABGC-certified genetic counselor with greater than 5 years clinical experience in cancer and reproductive genetics
- Computer savvy: Though not a programmer, you have above average IT skills
- You are that rare kind of person who has a way with both people and probabilities
- You can self-motivate and work well independently
- You are passionate about Counsyl’s mission
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 500,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by RSTP, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
We welcome diversity and strongly encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
Back to top