We are looking to add a Manufacturing Associate to our Manufacturing team. Reporting to our Director of Manufacturing, you will primarily be responsible for creating reagents for use in our automated, Next-Generation Sequencing, clinical genomics lab.
What you'll do
- Carry out manufacturing processes in an automated clinical genomics laboratory
- Assist in the receiving, handling, and monitoring of quantities of raw materials and finished products
- Document manufacturing activities and quality control results
- Identify and help implement process changes to improve the quality and throughput of reagent manufactures, including the introduction of process automation and quality assurance tests
- BS in Molecular Biology or related field
- 1 or more years of molecular laboratory experience; at least 1 year of QC testing and/or reagent manufacturing experience in industry is a plus
- Experience with NGS protocols, a plus
- Familiarity with molecular biology techniques (qPCR, DNA extraction, DNA sequencing) and proficiency with molecular biology calculations (dilutions, DNA and protein concentration measurements, enzyme activity measurements); there will be a test!
- Attention to detail and the ability to develop and follow written procedures
- Adaptability to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Some schedule flexibility- occasional overtime hours may be required
- Basic computer skills: Google Docs, Mac
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top