Group Manager/Director of Marketing Communications
Counsyl has grown from a startup to become one of the largest clinical genome centers in the world. With this growth comes the necessity to bring on top-notch talent to help us strengthen our core initiatives and execute with excellence. We are looking for a Group Manager/Director of Marketing Communications who will develop and implement global marketing communications plans that drive awareness and demand for Counsyl products and services. You will also be responsible for the overall management of the Company’s Marketing Communications department.
What you'll do
- Direct the development and execution of global marketing communications initiatives including product launches, sales collateral, tradeshows, campaigns, digital and social media, company website, content marketing and advertising.
- Establish, own and drive a strategic communications strategy that positively affects key stakeholders’ awareness, understanding, and engagement.
- Ensure new communication campaigns and programs are developed and executed in a strategic manner.
- Manage brand delivery and consistency across all markets for all product lines.
- Build and manage the marketing communications budget.
- Actively lead the Marketing Communications team to produce high quality programs and communications on time and within budget.
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of budget and resources across key marketing communications channels.
- Track the ROI on key initiatives and channels to help optimize marketing communications spend.
- Determine projects which should be completed internally and externally.
- Select and manage relationships with outside vendors as necessary.
- Drive continual process improvements and implement best practices to manage projects efficiently.
- Collaborate closely with managers in Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Legal and other functions within the company to ensure that communications are effective, credible and compliant.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years experience in marketing communications, with 5+ years in healthcare companies.
- Experience managing marketing communications with both healthcare provider and patient stakeholders preferred.
- Experience in relevant healthcare field (genetics, diagnostics, women’s health and/or oncology) preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing a marketing communications team.
- Experience successfully building, coaching, and motivating high performing teams while holding employees accountable.
- Experience working in both larger established companies, as well as more entrepreneurial environments preferred.
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills.
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving, process development and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas to summarize complex issues.
- Comfort in fast-paced growth company.
- Business related computer skills including knowledge with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead. The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors. Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top