Director, Supply Chain
As a leader of the full Supply Chain Management functions, your role is to design, implement, and manage a mature centralized Supply Chain department. This position is integral to our team and is crucial in order to streamline our supply chain management processes as we continue to mature the process strategically and efficiently.
What you'll do
- Lead our supply chain organization
- Negotiate with vendors and internal departments by examining price, suitability, and availability of scientific supplies and/or services
- Create and maintain inventory and materials management
- Create and streamline our mature warehouse/fulfillment/logistics function
- Ability to redline and negotiate terms commercially
- Process requisitions for vendor equipment repairs and small construction repair services and maintenance
- Review orders for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with existing policies and procedures
- Centralize all functions of supply management
- Obtain appropriate office and scientific supplies in a timely manner
- Plan the roadmap for mature processes and steps of supply chain management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Global Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, or Life Sciences preferred, would also consider equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree in any of the above concentrations above is preferred
- 15+ years of supply chain management experience. Experience in a management/supervisory role a plus
- Experienced with buying and material planning
- Working knowledge of office procedures and equipment, common business practices relating to the mature supply chain management
- Understanding of principles and practices of centralized and mature supply chain management is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional who likes to get their hands dirty and hates sitting around
- Go-getter who sees something needs to be done and goes and does it
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 600,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by RSTP, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top