Director, Sales Operations
Sales Operations is a highly active and engaged team within Counsyl’s Commercial Operations organization. The Sales Operations team enables our field sales organization to reach more providers and help bring actionable genetic information to more patients while supporting the broader Counsyl organization with Salesforce.com support and sales related analysis.
We are seeking an insightful Sales Operations Director who will leverage their previous experience and applicable market and sales data to support the continued success of our Sales efforts. To that end, this person will be accountable for a number of business critical activities, some of which are summarized herein. The Sales Operations Director will create a strategic business plan related to changes and improvements to Counsyl’s instance of Salesforce.com. The Sales Operations Director will drive the selection and development of other sales enablement systems and processes to provide an efficient operating environment for the field sales team and executive leadership. This person must be a motivating player/coach who is adept at leading and developing the Sales Operations function and creating robust relationships with their cross-functional partners in Sales, Marketing, Market Intel, Finance, Engineering and playing an active leadership role within Commercial Operations.
What you'll do
- Manage and work alongside the existing Sales Operations team to facilitate the success of the field sales teams and other related Commercial teams including, but not limited to: Women’s Health Sales, Oncology Sales, Health Plans, Strategic Accounts, Marketing, Market Intel, and Client Services.
- Provide support and analysis for other teams within Counsyl who are dependent upon Salesforce.com, work closely with the field sales team or who rely upon sales data like: Finance, Medical Science Liaisons, Legal.
- Provide data analyses to drive strategic decision-making within the organization and in the commercial team, including regular reporting for Counsyl’s Exec team and Board.
- Perform various analyses on sales performance, productivity, deployment and resource allocations, specifically: manage sales pipeline, sales forecast, territory optimization, and partner with Finance to design programs and initiatives to drive sales
- Act as key business leader for for Salesforce.com and other sales tools. Partner with user stakeholders and Engineering to elicit the highest value from our Salesforce.com instance.
- Develop dashboards and reports to measure commercial performance to enable Execs, Sales Leadership and individual representatives.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement by working closely with sales management and inspecting the sales process quality
- Manage the activity of your direct reports and ensure that regular reporting and recurring deliverables are calendared with appropriate stakeholders and delivered on time with a high degree of accuracy.
- Data Driven Decision-making. You use data to drive improvements and motivate your team. You understand the sales process, customer behaviors and service expectations and can generate a strategy for addressing the needs of your stakeholders and Counsyl at large.
- Strong Communicator. Ability to deliver clear direction and create a path forward for a team with many high priority deliverables. Merits of your data and experience-driven solutions and recommendations are understood by your peers and stakeholders and there is a healthy balance achieved in which you provide guidance to stakeholders and they provide the same to you. You set clear expectations for your team and stakeholders - messages only need to be communicated once and all parties are clear on next steps. You communicate your team’s needs/priorities/deliverables effectively to your manager for reinforcement/support.
- Can Do Attitude and Focus on Getting Stuff Done. Set achievable stretch milestones for yourself and teams and then deliver on them. Continuously evolve what success looks like for this team at a macro and micro level. Enable Counsyl’s ability to fuel future growth.
- Builder with Beginner’s Mind. Collaborate with the team to generate a compelling, scalable vision for Sales Operations and Saleforce.com at Counsyl. Combine institutional knowledge within the team with creativity and data to continuously improve Counsyl’s ability to meet the needs of our customers.Track and Measure for Continuous Improvement. Ability to dig into Counsyl’s Sales, Marketing and Support results to make meaningful connections between teams, products and activities to drive change and improvement in our field sales efficacy and internal reporting/processes. Help elucidate for Sales and Exec leadership the behaviors of effective sales representatives so that they can be shared and supported across the field sales organizations. Facilitate a meaningful view of account health to help direct the efforts of our Sales and Support teams to continuously meet the changing needs of our customers.
- Self-Starter and Experienced Coach. Proven track record of taking ideas and running with them and a willingness to drive projects to completion through individual effort and collaboration with broader teams. Excellent coach and mentor who takes pride in successfully developing and retaining team members in the Commercial organization.
- Minimum 10 years experience as an individual contributor and manager in medical device/diagnostics/pharma industry and Sales Operations
- Experience in Sales a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive results from others
- Experience with programming and configuring Salesforce.com
- Experience running sales forecasting process and quota setting, territory optimization, commissions process, and designing sales programs and initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Proactive, detail-oriented, analytical
- Holds a BS in a quantitative discipline from a competitive school, MBA a plus
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 500,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by RSTP, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top