Director, Product Management
Counsyl has grown from a startup to become one of the largest clinical genome centers in the world. With this growth comes the necessity to bring on top-notch talent to help us strengthen our core initiatives and execute with excellence. We are looking for a Director/Senior Director of Product Management to help us build better products and tools for our physicians and patients.
What you'll do
- Drive growth by building a better product and better tools to service physicians, genetic counselors and patients
- Lead a team of product managers and UX designers to create an unmatched user experience
- Create and maintain patient and provider journey maps to seek opportunities to improve the user experience in ways that enhance convenience, reduce friction and increase patient access to genetic testing.
- Partner closely with internal teams, including client services, clinical and patient marketing, and sales to prioritize new and enhanced service offerings, deliver customer inputs to our development team, and ensure successful launch, execution and lifecycle management of key services.
- Create and manage a process for ensuring that all feedback and inputs regarding Counsyl service offerings (current and future) are effectively tracked, processed, prioritized, and executed on as appropriate.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to position our services to prospective customers, and to increase utilization of our services among existing customers.
- Define a quantitative metrics of success; ship; measure; repeat
- BS / MS in a technical discipline. MBA or advanced degrees strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of product management, including previous success at a high growth health technology or diagnostics business
- 3+ years experience managing teams, including product management, user experience and marketing personnel
- Crisp writer capable of creating the narrative around a product from vision to launch
- Experience with operations and business metric analysis
- Strong opinion on quality and design of digital products you interact with daily
- Sick of the waste and inefficiency in healthcare and motivated to change the status quo
- Position located in South San Francisco, CA -- must work out of Counsyl HQ
- Time commitment will include travel within USA -- approximately 20-30%
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 500,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top