Client Services Associate
There are three teams within the Client Operations department -- Inbound Billing, Inbound Support, and Outbound Support. This department is integral to Counsyl’s success as every client communication matters. The only interaction a patient may have with Counsyl is when they speak with you about their test.
Inbound Billing is responsible for receiving client inquiries regarding billing operations at Counsyl. You will be on the front lines helping patients navigate the complex world of insurance.
This front line team is tasked with being the “voice” of Counsyl through supporting our patients and clients with a wide variety of inquiries on our products and services. You will also work closely with a variety of teams across our organization ranging from our field sales team to Genetic Counselors.
Outbound Support operates on a custom-built, Valley-inspired platform that facilitates automation and efficiency. You will be responsible for communication between our field team, lab, and clients to ensure the timely resolution of registration and order errors.
What you'll do
- Act as the face of the organization to our customers: physicians, clinics, medical staff, and patients
- Be the hub across all departments: work with the operations, engineering, and lab teams on prompt handling of orders and test results
- Provide phone, email, and live chat support to both internal and external clients
- Assist and empathize with patients and physicians, some of whom can be under stress
- Handle a variety inquiries, ranging from specimen recollections to invoice payments
- Collaborate and strategize with the Sales team to help accounts adopt best practices
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3+ years of experience with inbound service, biotech/healthcare preferred
- Experience using customer service applications, such as Service Cloud
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Google Apps and Mac OS X, and consider it funny that someone would even ask (doesn't everyone know Google Docs?)
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Enjoys solving problems and identifying patterns
- Outgoing individual who loves working with people
Nice to have
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred
- Salesforce experience
Counsyl is a health technology company that offers DNA screening for diseases that can impact men, women and their children. The Counsyl philosophy is simple: screen for diseases where advanced knowledge makes a difference in health outcomes, whether it’s changing a behavior, pursuing preventative measures, or simply preparing for what lies ahead.
The Counsyl team includes an accomplished group of problem-solvers — top engineers, scientists, and designers — who are taking the lead on building the modern clinical laboratory. Scientific rigor, custom robotics, and software are at the heart of every Counsyl product, resulting in better, faster and more affordable screens that are broadly accessible. Beyond the laboratory, Counsyl offers doctors and patients a technology platform for results delivery in real time, with on-demand access to board-certified genetic counselors.
Counsyl has screened more than 500,000 patients and served more than 6,000 health care professionals in its CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited and NYS CLEP-permitted clinical laboratory. The company has raised a total of $102 million and is privately backed by Pilot Growth Equity, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Founders Fund, Felicis Ventures, David Drummond, and other high profile investors.
Back to top