WELLA - Senior National Account Manager - Grocery
- Brentford, United Kingdom
"Wella' is one of the world's leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together "Wella"), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty's Professional and Retail Hair businesses, "Wella" is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. "Wella" and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
The role of Senior National Account Manager is to lead account management of specified customers to build profitable sales growth by supporting the Head of Sales on our leading brands across a specified Retail Hair customer. You will be the voice of Retail Hair and build a strong relationship between Retail Hair and the customers across all relevant departments within the customer business. The successful applicant in this role will agree promotional forecasts in liaison with Head of Sales, Marketing and Trade Marketing.
- Review Company Reports to build an understanding of customer objectives and direction.
- Plan, develop, agree and implement an annual Joint Business plan with the specified customer. Monitor, progress and review business plans with the customer and with the Head of Sales activating contingency plans when needed.
- Design an annual promotional programme for each brand across all platforms (in store and online) in liaison with UK Marketing to deliver national marketing plan, sales objectives, customer and consumer needs.
- Maximise commercial value of consumer insight data from IRI, NPD, TGI etc.
- Agree monthly promotional support packages with customers including second sites, trade marketing and online support.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and provide rationale to Head of Sales.
- Manage an investment plan to drive consumer awareness whilst maximising profitability and delivering maximum consumer engagement from trade investment.
- Build contacts with the forecasting and supply chain teams within the customer to work together to manage the most cost-effective supply chain delivering all potential operational efficiencies.
- Agree listings for all new products & brands, any additional distribution/space and negotiate cost price changes with the customer as appropriate.
- Attend and contribute to monthly review meetings with Marketing and Demand Planning, to twice monthly Forecast review meetings with Demand Planning and present project group work at annual conference.
You thrive at building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You recognise the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
- Senior Account Management experience with extensive experience in Customer & Sales Management and leading negotiations, a passion for Beauty/Hair Care would be ideal.
- Advanced planning, monitoring and analytical skills & knowledge of supporting programs and platforms.
- Advanced experience of Consumer and Shopper Insights.
- Proficiency in budget planning and P&L management.
- Organises their own work and that of others, taking responsibility for the quality of all deliverables.
- Strong team player and collaborates easily with others, seen as a role model and creates a positive environment while remaining focused on priorities and tackling obstacles, keeping the team motivated and engaged.
- Communicates effectively and delivers impactful presentations. Communication & influencing will be second nature. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can manage cross functional relationships.
- You will be committed to delivering results and strives to achieve stretch targets. A true change champion you will pioneer new ideas and approaches showing a strong sense of individual accountability and ability to work with autonomy.
- Have a flexible approach and adapts to challenges and changing priorities as required, comfortable making fast decisions balancing intuition and facts.
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Back to top