WELLA - Customer Marketing Manager
- New York, NY
"Wella' is one of the world's leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together "Wella"), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow.
Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty's Professional and Retail Hair businesses, "Wella" is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. "Wella" and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
Clairol is an iconic brand that launched the hair color category in the United States. To continue this exciting journey and deliver on our customer promise, we are looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic Clairol Customer Marketing professional to join the team.
The Customer Marketing Manager (CMM) leads the Retailer strategy enabling the sales organization to achieve their business goals. The CMM is part of the Trade Marketing team responsible for developing the Clairol Trade & Customer strategic plans across the distribution, pricing, promotion, and in-store execution.
The CMM leads the development of account specific marketing programs and integrating national activations into account level planning while addressing gaps between the LSM and account plan. The CMM serves as the internal point of contact on the customer in critical internal planning meetings with Brand marketing, Finance, Consumer insights and Supply team.
- Build strong relationships with the Sales organization leading to an in-depth understanding of their retailer, shopper, competition & key focus points to enable development of winning strategies for Clairol.
- Work as part of the Clairol Trade Marketing team to serve as a liaison between Sales, Brand Trade Marketing, Local Marketing, E-commerce, Demand planning and Creative by providing knowledge of the customer to internal cross functional team members and by providing knowledge of the product group to field sales
- Own translation of Clairol Trade strategies such as national assortment strategy/pricing/promo, marketing plans into customer specific plans
- Own the development of adapting marketing strategy/plans into bespoke retailer marketing activation through solid insights and understanding of the shopper/retailer
- Leverage learnings based on data to improve return on investment of trade funds
- Analyse business performance across retailers and identify key performance drivers and/or potential gaps
- Work with sales management to develop national and account specific promotional programs with assigned Retailers
- Support field sales execution of customer specific business plans and initiatives, including customer sales calls
- Manage and track Clairol business performance monthly and support the forecasting / planning process.
- Work on the new item launch process ensuring timely delivery of product in the marketplace liasing with trade marketing, marketing & demand planning team.
You thrive at building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
- 4+ years' prior experience in consumer package goods sales / trade marketing environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive approach - take initiative to do what's needed for the business
- Strong Business analysis skills, detail oriented
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams with a customer-focused mindset
- Knowledge of hair color category is a plus
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WELLA
What you can expect from us:
- Attractive salary package
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Wide range of benefits (health insurance, pension, car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles as well as wellbeing benefits)
- Continued learning and growth opportunities
- Truly international and diverse environment where you can be your true self
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Back to top