VP, Trade Marketing - Consumer Beauty
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
The primary purpose of the VP Trade Marketing, US at Coty is to oversee sales forecasts and sales strategy, proposing and directing the execution of programs to maximize sales volume potential to achieve plan.
This role is responsible for Trade and Customer Marketing, Wall Strategy and Category Management. You will become a member of the Sales Leadership Team and, will be responsible for leading the short term and longer-term business growth objectives as well as the people & process development. You must be skilled at achieving these objectives by utilizing the following commercial approaches:
- Lead value creation plan development and execute for sales strategy specific initiatives
- Develop customer / category 4P strategy and tactics.
- Ownership of full P&L and with ability to deliver value through SRM initiatives. consistent, profitable growth
- Develop a channel strategy to ensure maximizing growth opportunities
- Creating commercial innovation in line with retail strategies
- Building a trusted, collaborative partnership with internal and external stakeholders (sales marketing, finance supply etc.)
- Translate brand marketing actions into customer marketing actions
- Contribute to category marketing plans with customer and category analysis and promotional strategy
- Manage trade marketing budget and define category trade marketing KPIs in line with brand priorities.
- Developing a team for current and future performance
- Continuous analysis of customer position, working together with Sales VPs to recommend in-store action aimed at strengthening Coty's position within categories
- Oversee the creation and deployment of category strategies across key customers;
- Oversee's ongoing ROI analysis across a broad range of mechanics to guide effective commercial outcomes and support trade spend optimization objectives.
- Conducts intensive Financial Modelling to support decision process e.g. Ranging, Promotion.
- Develops 'Go To Market" strategies for all category reviews with major retailers. .
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Develop and deliver the annual trade and profit plan to deliver the financial goals
- Lead the development & Execution of category growth stories, 4 P Strategy and Perfect store initiatives
- Develop & Build white space capabilities for new channels/distribution opportunities
- Establish strategic framework for the execution and delivery of innovation, merchandising strategy, and promotion execution.
- Lead annual planning process across all functions
- Responsible for managing capex budget.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We'd love to see candidates who have:
- A passion to be part of a transformational team, coupled with the appetite to grow and develop professionally. You will be able to thrive in a complex, changing and fast moving environment.
- 10 -15 years of progressive experience as a Sales/Trade Marketing leader, with preferred experience in diverse market segments, multiple channels, and multiple experiences across the sales organization (field sales, customer marketing, category management, etc.). Past cross-functional broadening assignment in Marketing and/or Operations also preferred. Ability to provide leadership and direction for "best practice" implementation.
- Experience within or a strong desire to work within the beauty category
- You should have proven experience thinking "out of the box" to develop new innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics and measurable implementation plans across many areas. Proven track record of successfully working in a complex, global organization
- Ability to impact and influence different areas of the organization. Excellent stakeholder management both at a local and global level
- Create a clear view of the future state, helping others understand and feel how things will be different when this is achieved. Have a practical know-how, demonstrating results orientation while empowering and holding the team accountable for results.
- Manage through persuasion and influence rather than power. Inspire credibility. A visible mentor and coach
- Believe in and demonstrate a customer-centric approach, firmly grounded in needs assessment leading to innovative solutions
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Back to top