- Aberdeen, MD
CONSUMER BEAUTY, BELCAMP, MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We're looking for Warehouse Technicians to join our Riverside Distribution Center Team. Warehouse technicians are hired at entry level as members of a work team reporting the Team Leader. Technician work teams are responsible for shipping and receiving functions, operating and maintaining high speed automated equipment, computer systems, and product distribution systems. Technician work teams are expected to meet performance goals while maintaining high safety standards and a high level of quality that consumers expect from our products. Technicians are expected to be self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as contributing members of diverse teams.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Technicians will work as part of a team in an environment which prides itself on customer service. As such, some shift and mandatory overtime will be required, as the warehouse has a 'we stay until the job is done' mentality. Technicians must demonstrate good planning and organizational skills, be able to prioritize daily and long-term needs, and be able to handle multiple tasks/priorities. Attention to detail, accuracy, and passionate ownership are expected.
In order to perform the work described above in our warehouse atmosphere, technicians use basic hand and power tools; lift up to 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend; and stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time. Further, technicians have and are able to display skills in operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment; maintaining accurate records and data; strong technical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills; and knowledge of computers. Additionally, the safety of technicians is of great importance to COTY. Technicians will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety shoes, safety vests, face coverings and eye protection.
The COTY Riverside Distribution Center operates two shifts 5-days per week, with possible expansion to three shifts in the future. This would require technicians to work any shift and/or any day of the week, including weekends. Work on weekends may be as overtime or as part of the technician's normal schedule. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the distribution center to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. The hours of work vary from 8 to 12 hours per day. Shift rotations vary from working a single straight shift to working two or three rotating shifts. Technicians must be willing to rotate and to work any shift.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We'd love to see candidates who have:
- Able to read, comprehend, and comply with safe work practices, written work processes, SOP's and GMP's.
- Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds, and to build constructive working relationships with others.
- Able to work in a team environment that includes temporary work force and resolve teamwork
- Self-sufficient and able to set priorities with business needs in mind.
- Handle basic math required to calculate normal production results, such as percentages, numeric goal tracking and projected needs.
- Use data and critical thought processes to identify, understand problems, and troubleshoot problems to their root cause.
- Own equipment for work area and perform monthly PM's for that equipment.
- Use basic hand tools, such as wrenches, screw drivers, hammers, etc. to perform preventative maintenance.
- The ability to replace, adjust and identify equipment components.
- Willingness/ability to Flow to the Work (FTTW).
- Maintain core team operational work in addition to supporting the needs of other site systems (i.e. Safety and GMP team)
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record, including incidental absence and tardiness.
- Communicate openly and effectively, both verbally and written, and coach others to do the same.
- Quickly learn the technology of the area to interface with resources to enable effective planning, analysis, problem identification, and resolution.
- Demonstrate good planning and organizational skills and be able to prioritize daily and long-term needs. Able to handle multiple tasks/priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to sort through complex data, recognize key issues, and develop action plans to correct. Develop systems to improve the business.
- Operate and maintain high speed automated equipment, computer systems, and product distribution systems.
- Able to safely operate MHE (including sit down forklift, stand up reach truck, walkie rider)
Technicians should possess personality traits that align with our corporate values:
OWN IT! DRIVE IT!
I'm accountable, relentless, and tenacious.
LIVE BEAUTY. BREATHE BEAUTY!
I love beauty, know beauty and want to reinvent beauty for my consumers.
THINK LIKE A START UP!
I'll beat the big guys by acting fast with new ideas executed superbly.
BE BRAVE & GO BEYOND!
I go the extra mile, because targets are there to be beaten.
WIN FOR THE TEAM!
Coty is my work family and a win is only a win if it is for the entire team.
All applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Have the ability to communicate in English
- Must be able to safely operate material handling equipment (including sit down forklift, stand up reach truck, walkie rider)
This is self-driven role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You'll get to work in a diverse and environment with a team who are passionate about the work they do, and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Back to top