- United States
Sr.Scientist- Product Insights, Global Color COTY, Morris Plains, NJ, USA
Cosmetics R&D, Coty Consumer Beauty Division
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently looking for a Product Insights Specialist to join our Global color cosmetics R&D team. Reporting to the Director of Nail R&D, you will lead the uncovering of nail product insights as well as identifying trends, which you will translate into technical consumer models, for development into innovative first to market products. You will also be responsible for creative communication of product benefits to our internal and external partners and to our consumer through claims and visual means.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Product Insights: You will function as the expert in leading consumer understanding in Nail R&D. Partnering closely with CMI, Consumer Affairs and external research groups, you will obtain, synthesize consumer insights, while identifying what delights our consumers as well as revealing unmet consumer needs.
Technical Success Criteria: You will translate these insights into actionable product designs. You will work closely with the R&D Upstream Research and Product Development teams to bring these products to life and validate performance.
Scientific Communication: Collaborate with the Coty Institute to develop robust testing programs to support global product claims. Create product dossiers, showcasing our products with impactful communication demonstrating superior consumer benefits compared to best in class nail products/technologies. Develop visual displays to showcase product benefits in fascinating way that is well appreciated.
Build understanding of Nail category, competitive landscape, and consumer need gaps to develop winning products for all Coty Nail brands.
Partner with methods development to develop correlation between instrumental testing and product performance.
Generation and presentation of product/technology related communication material that facilitates market entry and activation
Lead and support generation of product stories, claims and materials with true technical expertise, as related to concepts and/or product marketing briefs
Review and align the results/data from tests performed by research labs
Illustrate innovation in a verbal, visual and written manner for internal and/or external presentations and documentation
Seek and quickly seize opportunities in scientific communication from different industries for transfer to the beauty industry
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Bachelor's degree(s) in Sensory Science, Data Science, Life Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific arena
- 5+ years relevant industry experience. Experience the beauty industry is preferred.
- Strong fundamental scientific background and technical expertise.
- Ability to function with ease in both marketing and technical environments.
- Experience in product testing and consumer testing and analysis
- Experience developing and validating instrumental analysis techniques that are correlated to product performance.
- Strong data analytics skills, including statistical analysis of complex data sets. Experience in modeling or data mapping preferred.
- Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal- objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
- Creating positive relationships and receptive atmosphere with the Business partners through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives .
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy.
- Demonstrated performance agility in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and stay focus on targets
Back to top