Sr. Product Manager / Sr. Initiatives Leader
SR. MANAGER, INITIATIVES LEADER (PRODUCT MANAGER)
COTY PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY | LOS ANGELES (CALABASAS)
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for a Product Initiative Leader to join our OPI Supply Chain Team to lead the activities of a multi-functional team to develop and execute a comprehensive initiative plan together that delivers in-market success. The Initiative Leader uses his/her expertise in Initiative Systems to deliver outstanding, breakthrough business results. The Initiative Leader collaborates with all the multi-functional team members, but especially with the Commercial/Brand Leader and Go-to-Market Leader to ensure that all necessary learning, qualification and execution activities of the initiative are completed in support of a successful launch. The Initiative Leader will be expected to manage a portfolio of projects which may vary between new product launches & Supply Chain design depending on Business needs.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Owning End 2 End readiness and timeliness of the initiative across technical, commercial and financial aspects.
- Leading the integration of the multi-functional team and leverage our innovation processes for breakthrough speed and productivity with quality execution.
- Collaborating with multi-functional partners to deliver a portfolio of initiatives that is sufficient to fulfill the brand innovation strategy in consumer offer, business scale and profitability, and meeting Coty standards.
- Building alignment with initiative stakeholders on all plans. Crisis-Like Collaboration. Drives and consolidate Initiative team recommendation (including Sku portfolio and sourcing, make vs buy).
- Ensureing the adherence to operating strategies for new launches or drives team options recommendation if need be to go out of operating strategy.
- Owning and driving any initiative issue to resolution while demonstrating courageous leadership and smart risk taking.
- Overseeing action plan led by planning and manufacturing teams and leading resolution plans in case of escalation through the alert process. Effectively frames & communicate to leadership to ensure fast decision making.
- Is the SPOC to divisional leadership for all initiative reporting, Gates decisions and change management. Coordinates communication and recommendations with functional leadership (across Supply chain, R&D and Commercial)
- Delivering the Initiative Success. Clarify business objectives and expectations, Deliver project Success Criteria. Focus on Business First, Project Second.
- Guiding initiative teams to develop holistic Gate-process-based learning to deliver on-time Commercial, Technical & Market readiness.
- Coaching the Initiative team members in delivering their tasks in synchronization and with efficient cross functional interaction in the project environment.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We'd love to see candidates who have:
- Project management experience - 2-3 years project management related experience essential
- Experience of Coty Operations and/or Beauty, FMCG, or Food industries.
- Understanding of new product development processes & stage gate approach
- Exposure to production environment & interaction of packaging, process, manufacturing
- Strong Microsoft excel & Microsoft project capability
- Additional background in planning/purchasing/technical environment also beneficial
- Demonstrates a strong sense of individual accountability
- Makes fast decisions balancing intuition and facts
- Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
- Makes innovation happen within real-life constraints
- Learns from successes and failures, looks for and reapplies best practices
- Embraces and accelerates change in a fast-paced environment
- Is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges
- Thrives on challenges and keeps a healthy attitude under pressure
- Demonstrates relevant business knowledge & financial awareness
- Is dedicated to driving the business in a profitable & sustainable way
- Adapts leadership style to situations & people, finds the right balance between delegation & control
- Gives constructive & actionable feedback to improved performance & development
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a unique leadership role with a genuine opportunity to make a business impact on a Global Love Priority brand for Coty. You will get to work in a diverse environment with a team that is passionate about bringing new innovation to the Nail industry as a leading brand.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Back to top