Sr. Mgr. Shopper Marketing
- United States
Manager, Shopper Marketing - OPI & Wella
Professional Beauty - Calabasas, CA
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the dynamic North America Shopper Marketing team to develop and lead winning marketing strategies that grow sales with our top retail partners. This position is a fast paced, customer-focused marketing delivery role. Here, you will work with customer teams to deliver best in class marketing strategies across our Professional Beauty Brands that not only drive base business and new product growth but also elevate the brand equities of our respective brands.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies for top retail partners that deliver short- and long-term business goals.
- Become an expert resource in top partner retailer business. Develop collaborative relationships with top retailer marketing teams in order to influence marketing choices and priorities.
- Lead creative execution for all marketing materials (Digital, In-Store, CRM etc.) including briefing and creative feedback with agencies and vendor partners.
- Provide direction and coaching to Shopper Marketing Specialist who will provide execution support for Go-To-Market plans.
- Understand sale trends, customer trends, and all the elements affecting the business to drive efficient and effective allocation of resources. Provide quarterly updates to leadership on business results and actions taken.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing teams to influence and provide actionable fit-to-win feedback on upcoming initiatives and new product launches.
- Manage the Shopper Marketing budget, identifying both risks and opportunities for management.
- Create communication and execution paths that are set to win across digital and in-store environments.
- Additional tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Marketing or similar discipline).
- 5+ years' experience in Shopper Marketing or Brand Management.
- Proficient computer knowledge - MS Word, Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, written and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and collaboration with cross-functional and customer teams is critical for alignment to strategies and executions.
- Demonstrate marketing expertise in creating big ideas that deliver on target insights, benefit and brand equity.
- Stay focused on key priorities and bring solutions to drive distribution and grow consumption.
- Be adaptable in a fast changing landscape as business needs dictate.
- Potential candidates should be beauty curious and stay in touch with the beauty industry and broader pop culture trends.
- MBA Degree.
- Beauty Industry Experience.
Work will be conducted in an open office space with associated distractions such as noise from telephones, keyboards and talking. Temperatures are regulated by facilities management and are not within the direct control of the individual. Exposure to standard chemicals used in an office environment is expected and includes but is not limited to toner, glue and liquid paper, etc.
We are Coty - and our people make us who we are.
It's important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business, not just for us but for you too. We want people to thrive here and, if you are the right culture fit with us and we with you, you'll be able to shine and achieve beyond your own expectations.
- For us, beauty is and beauty does. We are very focused because we all want the same thing: to help our consumers celebrate and liberate the diversity of their beauty - and that takes creativity, excellence and radical thinking - we are here to disrupt the beauty industry on behalf of consumers and you need to want to join that mission to succeed here.
- We have an energetic intensity about us. We're quite relentless in our determination to deliver, always accountable for our actions and tenacious. We will not be beaten by obstacles.
- Responding quickly with agile thinking to business challenges and opportunities is second nature to us. We like it that way as it means we can be creative and find new ways to make things happen fast. Colleagues will expect it of you and you'll expect it of them - we're a team and we help each other. We're all in it together - irrespective of level or part of the business.
- We always go the extra mile, pushing the boundaries to be that best partner we can be to our customers and to excite and delight our consumers.
- When you join Coty, you become part of a vibrantly diverse and energetic group who have fun in an intense sort of way. Because we're not just here for the ride, we want to change things.
Coty's purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers' beauty. Aligned to this is our mission - to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value.
We are one of the world's largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Back to top