Sr. Manager, Packaging
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager R&D Packaging to lead the R&D Packaging Face segment team. This position will be based in the U.S. and will require national and international travels.
- Lead the Face color cosmetics segment of Consumer Beauty Packaging and build strong capabilities (organization, technical mastery, network).
- Be responsible for execution of the Packaging process and its sub-processes (e.g. Technical Readiness) across the segment as well as monitoring of its performance.
- Collaborate with R&D Formulation, Marketing and Supply Chain disciplines to deliver seamless new initiatives to the market from Design, Development to Execution at right value and quality.
- Ensure packaging specifications deliver the required consumer expectations for all packaging materials (functional, sensorial, performance).
- Ensure Design, Conception and Evaluation phase integrate Value analysis, Quality-into-Design elements. Ensure that packaging team uses the best available tools to deliver reliable and accurate feasibility cost estimates that are then realized through execution in line with target standard costs.
- Own projects to drive segment innovation strategy.
- In partnership with Marketing, Product Development, Supply Chain Disciplines of Consumer Beauty Division, build platform technology program based on consumer/brand/business insights and benefits for the segment.
- Support the North America Packaging industry monitoring program, partner with Procurement Organization to identify new opportunities (strategic Innovation sourcing, Open innovation with suppliers).
- Develop Internal Talent pool. Partner with regional universities to develop a talent pipeline for Coty.
- Support the development of Packaging testing methods to accommodate new regulation, new performance parameters and business requirements.
- Participate to the Packaging Green activity program (Spice, Quantis) scope definition, monitoring of performance, special projects.
- Support regional complexity reduction program in Packaging, drive Standardization and Simplification of the innovation pipeline.
- Lead a regional team of 2-3 Packaging Managers and Developers across all categories and technologies
- Support talent acquisition and development programs serving the Coty Consumer Beauty Packaging organization, with the objective to attract, retain and develop the best talents in the industry.
- Enable Culture transformation program in line with Coty values to enable ambitions for Coty Consumer Beauty Packaging to be the best Packaging organization in the industry.
- Solid Packaging leader, 10-15 years' experience, with a proven track record of delivery of industry winning innovations delivered to market with excellence across a range of industry leading brands.
- Proven track record of bringing outside innovation in, acting like a start-up and leveraging the best of the outside into winning market innovations.
- Experience of medium/large brand portfolio management across price/consumer tiers and categories
- Proven track record in having supported culturally diverse organizations, and having developed and grown a pipeline of leaders
- Ability to manage complexity and to deal with flexible requests.
- Technical mastery to allow gaining immediate credibility and rapidly be recognized by the teams and Coty.
- Experience in various positions of technical management, working in a range of different cultures and businesses (with a strong background in consumer products, beauty business) and have experienced matrix organization run by shared leadership models.
Strong Packaging technical skills - Career track and knowledge must demonstrate understanding of Packaging technologies to enable high value interactions with internal and external partners. This should be demonstrated across product categories.
Innovating like a Start-up - Strongly connected with solid team player behavior, experienced in the Beauty Packaging industry, specifically having demonstrated learning agility with an ability to identify and bring innovation from the outside in.
Interpersonal skills enable positive "win for the team" collaboration with internal (ex. Marketing, Planning, Procurement) and external partners (ex. Suppliers, Design Agencies, Academics)
Organization builder - Ability to develop and train a diverse organization (directs and indirects), with specific skills in developing and growing talents.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate various office equipment and/or machinery
Description Of Work Environment/Conditions
- Ability to perform assigned work hours and work periodic overtime in order to meet the job responsibilities of the role
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
- Individual may visit internal and external manufacturing sites and laboratories. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times.
Coty's purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers' beauty. Aligned to this is our mission - to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long-term shareholder value.
We are one of the world's largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Coty is a truly global player with over 20,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries in Asia, Latin America, Australia, Middle East and Africa, as well as Europe and North America and products sold in over 130 countries and territories. Our headquarters are in London, New York, Geneva and Paris.
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com .
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.
Back to top