Sr. Scientist-Eye, Global Color COTY, Morris Plains, NJ, USA
Cosmetics R&D, Coty Consumer Beauty Division
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently looking for a Sr. Scientist to join our thriving Global Color Cosmetics R&D team to lead the design and execution of eye products that deliver superior consumer benefit. The Sr. Scientist will be accountable for understanding the consumer opportunities and develop/design products that deliver against the vision as well as fueling the pipeline. The Sr. Scientist, as a technical leader will partner with process development and packaging engineers to develop technical models, methods, and enabling technologies. Furthermore, providing technical leadership and ability to develop IP strategy will be highly desired. In addition to this, the Sr. Scientist will partner with the Sci Comm department in the creation and execution of the scientific communications strategy and plan for the segment.
- Help define the innovation pipeline with a focus on designing face products that deliver superior consumer performance
- Project management within Stage Gate process for new product development and deliver key milestones.
- Responsible for end-to-end development including technical briefs, communication across functional teams, experimental design and establishing validation plans.
- Define formula based critical technical parameters to deliver the consumer performance with an in depth understanding of the chemistry and ingredient functions
- Ability to make technically sound decisions based on data and consumer insights. Master the integration of multiple information to draw conclusions and do risk assessments
- Leverage modelling & simulation capabilities for rapid learning and acceleration of programs and build the pipeline
- Translate consumer needs and insights into technical parameters and approaches
- Partner with Sci Comm further drive support within the brand, providing technical insight and leading data creation
- Grow R&D capabilities or improve existing capabilities & systems. Communicate capability gaps with manager/supervisor
- Work across R&D disciplines (process, analytical, packaging, etc..) as well as multifunctional teams to enable and drive projects forward.
- Ability to coach others in team and build capability in others. Provide technical leadership to team with robust learning plans, developments, and recommendations to drive projects
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, safety, and GMP
- Understand the competitive landscape to define product design opportunities and technical solution
- B.S. or M.S in Chemistry or Chemical Engineer or related science field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in related science such as surfactant and emulsion chemistry, and rheology. Experience with pigment technology desired but not required.
- Strong understanding of consumer product development and ability to bring to life
- Strong understanding on principles of good experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation. Experience in modeling or data mapping preferred
- Experience with working in a Stage Gate model
- Innovative and creative thinker who can work independently.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and evolve in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Hands on individual with strong GLP and organizational skills a must
- Passion for beauty
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate various office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to perform assigned work hours and work periodic overtime in order to meet the job responsibilities of the role
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
- Individual may visit internal and external manufacturing sites and laboratories. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times.
Coty's purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers' beauty. Aligned to this is our mission - to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long-term shareholder value.
We are one of the world's largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.
Back to top