- United States
We are currently looking for a Sr. Scientist to join our thriving Global Color Cosmetics R&D team to lead the design and execution of eye products that deliver superior consumer benefit. The Sr. Scientist will be accountable for understanding the consumer opportunities and develop/design products that deliver against the vision as well as fueling the pipeline. The Sr. Scientist, as a technical leader will partner with process development and packaging engineers to develop technical models, methods, and enabling technologies.
- Help define the innovation pipeline with a focus on designing eye products that deliver superior consumer performance
- Project management within Stage Gate process for new product development and deliver key milestones.
- Responsible for end-to-end development including technical briefs, communication across functional teams, experimental design and establishing validation plans.
- Define formula based critical technical parameters to deliver the consumer performance with an in depth understanding of the chemistry and ingredient functions
- Ability to make technically sound decisions based on data and consumer insights. Master the integration of multiple information to draw conclusions and do risk assessments
- Leverage modelling & simulation capabilities for rapid learning and acceleration of programs and build the pipeline
- Translate consumer needs and insights into technical parameters and approaches
- Work across R&D disciplines (process, analytical, packaging, etc..) as well as multifunctional teams to enable and drive projects forward.
- Ability to coach others in team and build capability in others. Provide technical leadership to team with robust learning plans, developments, and recommendations to drive projects
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, safety, and GMP
- Understand the competitive landscape to define product design opportunities and technical solution
- B.S. or M.S in Chemistry or related science field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of product development in cosmetic science with a focus on surfactant, emulsion chemistry, and/or rheology. Experience with pigment technology a plus.
- Strong understanding of consumer product development and ability to bring concept to life
- Strong understanding on principles of good experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation. Experience in modeling or data mapping preferred
- Experience with working in a Stage Gate model
- Innovative and creative thinker who can work independently.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and evolve in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Hands on individual with strong GLP and organizational skills a must
- Passion for beauty
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate various office equipment and/or machinery
Description Of Work Environment/Conditions
- Ability to perform assigned work hours and work periodic overtime in order to meet the job responsibilities of the role
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
- Individual may visit internal and external manufacturing sites and laboratories. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
Back to top