Senior Product Developer
SENIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPER, R&D
SINGAPORE, PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY HAIR
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world. For our Professional Beauty Research & Development team in Singapore, we are looking for a Senior Product Developer to join us as soon as possible.
We offer you an exciting product development role for our Professional Hair Care brands in Asia. This includes, amongst others: Wella Professionals, System Professional, Nioxin etc.
Your work will include:
• Design and execute consumer studies to generate product insights, which you will translate into technical success criteria for product innovation.
• Define new product propositions, in collaboration with multifunctional teams (both technical and marketing teams) that will delight target consumers.
• Design and test prototypes, interpret data, communicate results and make recommendations.
• Qualify product performance in lab as well as in internal and external salons.
• Develop robust claims substantiation strategy for new products.
• Design technical tests to support claims and product communication in market.
• Create compelling and consumer relevant product scientific communication.
• Create demos to showcase product benefits to non-scientific community, building the reason to believe in the product efficacy.
• Support registration, notifications, freedom to practice and other relevant clearances to allow product launch.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We'd love to see candidates who have/are:
• Minimum Bachelor Degree from university in chemistry, cosmetic sciences, materials science, natural sciences, biology/biotech, etc. or related fields.
• 3+ years of technical experience in cosmetics/pharmaceutical/personal/ beauty care consumer goods industry.
• Curiosity and empathy to transfer consumer and stylist insights into new product ideas.
• Desire to penetrate science deeply and support claims with robust science approaches.
• High levels of personal ownership in developing and testing new ideas.
• In touch with beauty and hair trends.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with different cultures.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills (in English) for verbal and written communication of ideas, technical rationales, risks, issues and recommendations, within multi-functional teams.
• Additional language skills in Chinese and Japanese will be a plus.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
Back to top