Senior Procurement Manager - Marketing Services America
Wella is one of the world's leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together "Wella"), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty's Professional and Retail Hair businesses, "Wella" is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. "Wella" and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
The role of Senior Procurment Manager - Marketing Services Americas S is to create and drive the strategic interventions on Marketing Services, Retail, Point of Sale and Print Marketing materials category as well as to support the Americas Advertising and Consumer Promotion needs for the newly formed company. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the design and strategic choices in this area building upon existing strategies and experience while designing and scoping some newly managed by procurement spend segments.
Working closely with the Indirect Spend Leader Americas as well as the global indirect spend category buyers you will be implementing new strategies and capabilities in the Retail, Point of Sale and Print Marketing materials category strategy design as well as the Americas Advertising and Consumer Promotion spend across categories. You will engage internal stakeholders to review business needs and spend drivers, support strategic choices on suppliers, spend policies and define the external capabilities needed to deliver value and growth.
You will work on simplification and consolidation of business partners to enable stronger supplier relationship management and better capability to support the business. Today these Indirect Categories represent a spend of 50-70Million US$ and over 60 suppliers.
You are responsible for driving strategy, savings initiatives and business plans with discipline to deliver the business growth plans as well as the fiscal year objectives and longer term interventions in the 3-5year horizon. You will create savings and spend insights to support better value delivery, good policy and spend better decisions. You will work to ensure transparency and governance of spend processes and policies globally, sharing findings, savings and enabling new best practices.
- Design/refine and implement new sourcing strategies and strategic interventions in your category
- Deliver fiscal year targets in 2021 and establish 5-year business plan
- Implement Supplier Relation Management program and drive Year on Year improvement in quality, service, talent and value
- Enable the use of new tools to make sourcing simpler and more efficient
- Support business plan to improve ethical and environmental sourcing
- Implement governance and control including contractual agreements and policies
- Develop capability and manage team to deliver maximum efficiency and value to business
- Design and implement processes and tools to support local sourcing activities in countries without Procurement resources on the ground
- Engage and influence stakeholders in Category Strategy definition and implementation
You thrive at developing and executing strategies, savings initiative and business plans with discipline to deliver the business growth plans. You understand the importance of ensuring support and align with regional and local teams in various areas of the company. You are committed, conscientious and recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
- Experience in Procurement, ideally in the advertising and consumer promotional spend area, at least 5-8 years
- Work experience in an international environment and matrix organizations
- Capable and proven track record of stakeholder management including business Leaders (internal and external)
- Experience in implementing, developing and managing a new organization
- Experience in working in less mature and 'white space' spend categories
- Degree qualified preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business or other relevant discipline. MBA advantageous.
- High degree of fluency in written and spoken English is required, German is an asset
- Results oriented individual with solid proven track record in delivering value (cost and cash) and improving effectiveness of sourcing networks
- Proven Collaboration, Influencing, Negotiation, Communication skills
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Back to top