Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Act as the lead on US regulations, including both state and Federal regulations. Strategically coordinate regulatory activities to support the Canadian Coty business across divisions. Communicate emerging regulations and their impact on the entire Coty portfolio to the Global Consumer & Regulatory Affairs team. Work with the raw material coding team to ensure that all necessary updates to all formulation systems (Enginuity 4.8, 15x, 4D) are made to enable product compliance in the US and Canada. Lead all FDA OTC activities, including product registration and artwork review. Oversea Canadian drug registrations for both DIN and NHP products. Participate in several committees within Personal Care Products Council, ensuring that Coty's position is accurately communicated.
- Monitor US state and federal regulations impacting the cosmetic industry.
- Coordinate and advise on regulatory activities in Canada impact the Coty portfolio.
- Lead Coty's FDA OTC drug registration, ensuring that registrations for all categories are up to date and accurate.
- Supervise Canadian drug registrations.
- Provide guidance to R&D and creative teams regarding OTC labeling and claims. Including working with the global artwork team to maintain the Coty Artwork Guidelines.
- Aid in the completion of survey requests from industry groups (PCPC, Cosmetics Alliance and Cosmetics Europe) and from retailers.
- Actively participate in PCPC's Green Chemistry and Retailer task force.
- Maintain and own US-driven registration requirements such as State Bill 484 (CA-SB484) and the Voluntary Cosmetic Reporting Program (VCRP).
- Review and approved North American - specific artwork for all product categories (hair, color cosmetics, and fragrances).
- Complete new product forms for Sally Beauty and Beauty Systems Group (BSG).
- Work closely with the Global Consumer and Regulatory Affairs to develop best practices when communicating regulatory changes to the business and R&D.
- College degree
- 7-9 years of Cosmetic Regulatory Affairs experience.
- Managerial experience is a plus.
- Strong written communication skills, especially detail-oriented and technical material.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with diverse groups of people at various levels within COTY.
- Ability to meet deadlines while being flexible to changes in priorities and interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills to complete assignments accurately.
- Full usability of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
Description Of Work Environment/Conditions
- Ability to perform assigned work hours and work periodic overtime in order to meet the job responsibilities of the role
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
- Individual may visit internal and external manufacturing sites and laboratories. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times.
Back to top