Senior Manager, Global Marketing, Skincare - philosophy
- New York, NY
Senior Global Marketing Manager, Skincare - philosophy
New York, NY
At philosophy , we believe that only when you feel good, can you look your best, we combine science for better skin with inspiration for better days. philosophy products are multifunctional, results-oriented, simple to use and geared to the "time starved" individual. as the feel-good beauty brand, we are devoted to caring for the skin, and it is our hope that our sensory formulas, scents and uplifting messages will encourage a smile, uplift the spirits and infuse daily personal care with joy.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are actively looking for a Senior Global Marketing Manager, Skincare - philosophy
This person should demonstrate a strong passion and knowledge of the category and the US and global market. This person's will be leading short and long term portfolio strategy and new product launch on philosophy's top skincare categories and franchises. From insight analysis to product concepting, new product formulation, development, communication and 360 launch campaigns.
- Identify market trend & consumer insights to build strong skincare product concepts and launch calendar to further the brand's growth objectives and market share
- Proactively initiate and manage programs, driving deadlines and marketing deliverables in all aspects of new global program development, from concept and formulation to program kickoff to final program and campaign delivery, on time and within COG guidelines and budget.
- Manage day-to-day communication/development with all cross functional teams including R&D, ILN, LCM Packaging, Creative, influencer/PR, Digital, Trade, Merchandising, Finance, Legal and Production to ensure timetable/milestone adherence. Includes leading all briefing meetings to kick-off program development, tracking key milestones in weekly cross-functional meetings, submitting and updating necessary briefs and cost feasibilities, requesting and tracking codes and forecasts, and reviewing product artwork mechanicals.
- Work closely with the R&D team to develop new and unique product formulations to create breakthrough innovation and to best drive the brand Skincare categories.
- Work closely with launch management team to identify accurate forecasting benchmark and track program success post launch
- Continuously work towards increasing SKU profitability with close attention to cost and SRP strategy, take part in pricing and discontinuation exercise once a year.
- Stay abreast of global competitive activity and trends, conduct competitive analysis, assess new competitive product launches, and create presentation materials as needed
- Analyze competitive data (NPD Rankings, product mix, retail pricing, top selling promotions) to utilize as tool in seasonal planning and as needed
- Drive creation of internal presentations (i.e. Global Marketing Meeting, Strategic Plan, Budget Reviews, etc.)
- Supervise and develop subordinates by creating development plans and mentoring employees
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Related Field, MBA preferred
- 7+ years related experience in marketing with majority in global skincare marketing and development
- Must demonstrate leadership, strategic thinking, independence, proactiveness and ownership; embracing both big picture objectives and follow-through on details.
- Must have experience in developing unique product formulations and working with R&D
- Must be able to seamlessly work across multiple projects involving multiple stakeholders and must easily adapt to change and be proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions
- Must be a self-starter, professionally mature, accountable, resourceful, organized and highly detail-oriented with accurate work output
- Must possess the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships and gain the respect of members of the cross-functional and affiliate teams
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent Microsoft skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be passionate about Beauty and understand philosophy's unique point of difference in the market
Back to top