- United States
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are actively looking for a Product Insights Manager to join the Face Innovation R&D team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Development and Innovation, Face R&D, you will lead a small team of scientists focused on the discovery of product insights, which you will translate into technical success criteria, advance substrate learnings and measurement capabilities and find creative ways to communicate product benefits to the Color Cosmetics consumer via product demos and claims.
- Product Insights : Develop an understanding of how consumers speak about product benefits and needs for the Face category (Liquid Makeup and Powders). Building from Consumer Market insights, competitor launch data, and category trends, you will design and deploy studies aimed at uncovering consumer unmet needs/opportunities in the global design markets.
- Technical Success Criteria : You will then translate these insights into product designs (defined through detailed technical success criteria) that will delight the target consumers. You will work closely with the R&D Basic Research and Product Development teams to bring these products to life and validate performance criteria has been met.
- Scientific Communication & Claims: Showcase new technology with impactful communication sharing new, better, different consumer benefits compared to best in class in house and competition products/technologies. Develop demos to showcase product superiority in easy to follow format for non-scientific community.
- Build understanding of category, competitive landscape, and consumer need gaps to develop winning products for all Coty brands
- Build correlation between instrumental testing and real-life product performance
- Build R&D capability in scientific communication & claims substantiation
- Create demos to illustrate product differences, building the reason to believe in the product efficacy
- Generation and presentation of product/technology related communication material that facilitates market entry and activation
- Translate technical information and product benefits into language that consumers can understand and appreciate
- Lead and support generation of product stories, claims and materials with true technical expertise, as related to concepts and/or product marketing briefs
- Illustrate innovation in a verbal, visual and written manner for internal and/or external presentations and documentation
- Seek and quickly seize opportunities in scientific communication from different industries for transfer to the beauty industry
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- Minimum Bachelor's degree(s) in Sensory Science, Data Science, Life Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific arena
- 10+ years relevant industry experience. Experience in Color Cosmetics or beauty industry is preferred.
- Strong fundamental scientific background and technical expertise
- Proven ability to translate consumer needs into technical deliverables.
- Hands on experience in product testing and consumer testing and analysis
- Experience / knowledge to create learning plan and define success criteria .
- Experience developing and validating instrumental analysis techniques that are correlated to product performance.
- Strong data analytics skills, including statistical analysis of complex data sets. Experience in modeling or data mapping preferred.
- Strong communication skills and capable of working with multifunctional groups to move project forward
- Proficiency in scientific writing. Capable of communicating science to non-technical community.
- Curiosity for science, global beauty industry, and trends
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and exhibit "can do" attitude
- Internally motivated
Back to top