Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: NY - 350 5th Ave, New York, NY
Department: Finance, North America Custodian Operations
Reports to: Finance Manager
Purpose of Role: Provide accounting and financial advisory support to Coty's US operating legal entities. Role includes monitoring and supporting the business by facilitating the monthly actual close and quarterly reporting, forecasting process, providing analytics and supporting various business projects.
- Support US controlling & business teams during the close process which includes: preparing/posting/reviewing journal entries, coordinating submission, and addressing accounting questions.
- Review and analyze significant estimates, such as revenue recognition, sales returns and markdowns, allowance for doubtful accounts, and customer incentive allowances.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Coordinate the preparation of Corporate reporting requirements (Quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet Analytics, GAAP Checklist, Reporting Package, Short-Term Liquidity Forecast) to meet strict corporate reporting deadlines.
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal control testing, documentation and compliance.
- Perform monthly close of financials which includes: generate and review Financial Statements in compliance with GAAP, compare actual to the budget and investigate /explain variances, analyze key accounts, identify unusual transactions, verify adequacy of reserves and accruals, follow-up and review with management.
- Review, analyze and monitor departmental expenses. Work with department heads to ensure compliance with corporate policies & procedures as well as GAAP.
- Provide accounting administrative support and training as needed (e.g. account inquiries, accruals, GAAP guidance, corporate policies and procedures etc.)
- Support internal and external audits by providing audit schedules, support and responding to inquiries.
- Participate in special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasks.
- Research literature to support accounting treatment and methodology used in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's financial policies.
- Ability to deal with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel maintaining a positive attitude under pressure.
- Agile and quick to adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently (with limited supervision) and possesses the initiative to identify problems and propose creative solutions.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and eager to learn.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting is required.
- 3-4 years' experience (public / private mix preferred)
- CPA certification preferred but not required.
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office. Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion is a plus.