Senior Director Tax Planning
SENIOR DIRECTOR TAX PLANNING
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic tax professional reporting to SVP of Tax, ready to thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment with significant growth and international expansion. This is a unique opportunity for a well trained and experienced tax professional to play an important role in a challenging, changing and rewarding business environment.
The right individual will have the ability to simultaneously handle a multitude of high profile/ high impact technical tax projects while working closely with various overseas businesses and finance personal in driving the corporate tax strategy forward in a publicly traded company.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The support of the global tax function and SVP Tax in designing and implementing the tax strategy in major geographies internationally, with the goal of reducing effective tax rates, maximizing cash flow and avoiding tax risks. This activity requires an in depth understanding of business, international and US tax principles so that opportunities can be developed in cooperation with SVP Tax, Divisional CFO's, Corporate Treasury and Legal.
- Becoming a key partner of the business in leading business growth and expansion through transformation, M&A and direct investment in new or existing markets. This requires in-depth experience in tax aspects of M&A, post-merger integration and business model design.
- Supporting commercial entities in tax compliance and audits, including transfer pricing. This activity ensures that the regional tax planning and compliance efforts are compatible with Group Tax strategies as well as applicable tax laws. The incumbent manages this activity with a very high degree of autonomy and interacts where needed together with local finance, consultants and tax auditors.
- Proactively advising the commercial enterprises in tax filing positions, audits and rulings.
- Overseeing an advisory budget such that fees are spent within limits set by SVP Tax.
- Managing and supporting tax accounting, reporting and forecasting of a publicly traded company together with the department's corporate tax accounting function.
We'd love to see candidates who have:
- Dynamic professional temperaments who are looking to thrive in a fast paced, challenging environment with significant transformation and M&A activity.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team player attitude, as well as the ability to interact frequently with SVP Tax, regional CFOs and other departments.
- Dynamic and proactive people skills with demonstrated ability to manage major corporate projects and tax audits in major geographies.
- An emphasis on a "team player" focus, both internally (global tax) and externally (within broader finance functions and as primary tax service providers to commercial units).
- Hands on experience with USGAAP and IFRS accounting ability to work with the department's corporate tax accounting function on the tax provision with major emphasis on contingency tax risk assessments including Fin 48 provision.
- Strong knowledge of International Tax Law with in-depth tax technical knowledge on U.S. Tax principles, including U.S. Tax Reform. Awareness of non-U.S. tax principles and their effect on local and global foreign operations and impact on U.S. tax principles are key to the success of this position.
- A willingness to travel.
WHAT WE OFFER
Coty's purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers' beauty. Aligned to this is our mission - to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value. We are one of the world's largest beauty companies and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
Coty is the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair colour & styling, and number three in colour cosmetics. It has just begun a 4-year plan to redefine itself to be the industry leader in all these functions. This is unique role that will be central to this transformation process. Moreover, you'll get to work in a diverse and environment with a team who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way .
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Back to top