Senior Business Sales Director, Macy's
- United States
Sr. Director National Accounts
Luxury, New York City
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
Role and Department intro -
We're looking for a Sr. Director National Accounts is responsible for the management of all wholesale responsibilities for Macy's. Main responsibilities are to achieve financial goals at the individual retailer level as well and lead the interface with the assigned account(s). In addition to account management this role will be responsible for the management of 1 Business Sales Director, 4 Business Sales Managers and 1 Business Sales Analyst Manager. The Sr. Director National Accounts, the BSD and the BSM are the liaisons between the account(s) and all COTY cross functional teams, including US Marketing, Channel Marketing, Retailer.com, Education, Demand Planning and Finance. They are instrumental in implementing the strategies of the company and providing a competitive presence at point of sale versus the market. Must work relentlessly to exceed targets and reach goals.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Total Gross Sales Management: ~$222M
- Fragrance: ~$207M philosophy: ~$15M
Drive Top Level Strategy in Priority Growth Accounts
- Instrumental in Sell Thru Organization; providing weekly analysis and recommendations to improve Sell Thru results. Partner with VP Sales of any sell thru re-organization, providing data driven point of view.
- Coach, Mentor and Lead Communication with Sell Thru, bridging all gaps between Sell Thru and Sell In teams as instrumental leader
- Trade Terms Management, inclusive of margin, payment terms and LDI
- Drive Marketing Calendar decisions for philosophy brand based on Sephora's feedback and knowledge of competitive market
- Lead Account Relationships across B&M and E-Commerce
- Advanced communication skills - as key point person, must ensure flawless communication across all cross functional Sephora teams: Merchandising, Marketing, E-Commerce, Education and Creative
- Align on Launch Strategies and Financial Goals for Month, Season and Retail Year
- Plan and execute quarterly planning meetings, Seasonal In the Kitchen Meetings, and Bi-Annual Market Meetings
- Strong negotiation skills: to drive co-op and activation opportunities, inclusive of catalog, all .com exposure, sampling opportunities, space and location
- Build gross, net & retail sales targets by Month, Quarter and fiscal year by category and house level. Totals 2 stock & sales plans, inclusive of trade spend and returns.
- Work with Demand Planning to accurately forecast ongoing and basic skus on monthly basis to ensure high forecast accuracy
- Use understanding of market share and penetration, open to buy, weeks of supply and inventory turn to drive profitable growth
- Manage all spend to budget, taking risks to drive high ROI on all initiatives
- Partner and implement all EDU functions with COTY Education teams, inclusive of new store openings, brand focus days, events and new launch strategies.
We'd love to see candidates who have:
Strong Leadership Skills
- Experience in managing others: Manage 1 Business Sales Director, 4 Business Sales Managers and 1 Business Sales Analyst Manager
- Lead and Mentor team to exceed all financial goals, and challenge team to reach their full potential
- Complete collaboration with all direct reports on all facets of the business; proven ability to work effectively across all functions and geographies of the team
- 10+ years relevant work experience in marketing or product management
- Experience in beauty categories is a must
- Digitally savvy
- A bachelor's degree is required, and an MBA is preferred.
- Master MS Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
- Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal- Motivating others, development of employees, communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You'll get to work in a diverse and environment with a team who are passionate about the work they do, and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Back to top