Scientist - Product Insights - Claims Science
- United States
Scientist - (Product Insights - Claims Science) - Morris Plains, NJ
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are current looking for a Scientist within our Product Insights team. This position will be based in Morris Plains NJ with travel assigned as needed.
You'll work to understand the consumer and translate their needs into designs and strategies that other technologists can leverage to create prototypes. You'll use quantitative and qualitative technical and modeling tools to define what the consumer needs as well as the technical requirements necessary to support claims for amazing products. You will be responsible for the creation and oversight of electrical, mechanical or chemical based tests for claims and demos that will compel our consumers to try our amazing products.
Our technologists are constantly learning, growing, and improving. In this role, you will find new ways to innovate and develop within your area. We are a highly collaborative global company, so you will also be required to share your learnings within your organization and to provide technical direction to others in your field of experience
- Represent the voice of the consumer across R&D and commercial teams.
- crafting and carrying out consumer research studies
- conducting tests of new technologies or products using state-of-the-art equipment
- using a variety of research and development applications on current and new products.
- Help screen prototypes to winning leaders and provide technical direction to other R&D technologists based on consumer appeal.
- Conduct consumer tests to verify performance of products are noticeable to our consumers.
- Critical thinking, active listening and strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities well
- Be an innovative, strategic thinker
- Be a strong collaborator
- Be agile with a flow-to-work attitude with bias toward action
- To have a high aptitude and skillset in quantitative statistical methodologies and software (e.g. JMP)
- Experience in a biology, chemistry, or social science lab
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering, Science, or Information Technology field
- Prefer Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or Computer Programing
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate various office equipment and/or machinery
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
Back to top