- United States
Formulation Scientist-Nail, Global Color COTY, Morris Plains, NJ, USA
Cosmetics R&D, Coty Consumer Beauty Division
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are currently looking for a Formulation Scientist to join our thriving Global color cosmetics R&D team to design and execute color formulas that deliver superior consumer benefit. The formulator will be accountable for delivering the formula related technical readiness milestones at each project gate and timeline. The formulator will work closely with a senior formulator to execute relevant formulation experiments and test formula performance.
- Develop on trend formulas that deliver superior consumer performance on time while providing regular updates to manager.
- Technical method development and design/execution of rheological, physical, and mechanical performance tests with guidance from a trained scientist
- Operate laboratory equipment, follow R&D procedures, and document development and experimental results
- Test and document formula or integrated product performance and stability results to implement optimization
- Work across R&D disciplines (process, analytical, packaging, regulatory, safety, etc..) to enable projects and assist teams in root cause of issues
- Interact with raw material vendors and other industry representatives to enable formula development that meets consumer and business needs
- Technical standard development and specifications on time
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, safety, and GM
- B.S. in Chemistry or related science field
- Experience in formula design or process development in an R&D environment (will consider limited experience).
- Technical knowledge in chemistry and ingredients for consumer use
- Understand the basic principles of good experimental execution, data collection, and documentation
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Innovative and creative thinker who can work independently.
- Excellent analytical and problemsolving skills with an innate curiosity
- Passion for beauty with a general understanding of color products
- Ability to collaborate and evolve in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate various office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to perform assigned work hours and work periodic overtime in order to meet the job responsibilities of the role
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
- Individual may visit internal and external manufacturing sites and laboratories. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times.ABOUT US
We are one of the world's largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.
Back to top