- United States
ob Title: Scientist - FACE Product Insights
R&D, MORRIS PLAINS, NJ
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for a Scientist to join our Face Category as a project leader for Formulation and Product Insights supporting the product development team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Face Product Insights, you will focus on the discovery of product insights, which you will translate into technical success criteria, and find creative ways to communicate product benefits to the Face category consumer via product demos and claims
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Product Insights: Develop an understanding of how consumers speak about product benefits and needs for the Face category. Building from Consumer Market insights, competitor launch data, and category trends, you will design and deploy studies aimed at uncovering consumer and manicurist unmet needs/opportunities in the global design markets.
- Technical Success Criteria: You will help lead projects to translate insights into product designs (defined through detailed technical success criteria) that will delight the target consumers. You will work closely with the Product Development and Innovation teams to bring these products to life and validate performance criteria has been met.
- Scientific Communication & Claims: Showcase new technology with impactful communication sharing new, better, different consumer benefits compared to best in class in house and competition products/technologies. Develop demos to showcase product superiority in easy to follow format for non-scientific community.
- Support creation of Face category, competitive landscape, and consumer need gaps to develop winning products for all supported brands
- Build correlation between instrumental testing and real-life product performance
- Build R&D capability in scientific communication & claims substantiation
- Create demos to illustrate product differences, building the reason to believe in the product efficacy
- Generation and presentation of product/technology related communication material that facilitates market entry and activation
- Translate technical information and product benefits into language that manicurists and consumers can understand and appreciate
- Support generation of product stories, claims and materials with true technical expertise, as related to concepts and/or product marketing briefs
- Review and align the results/data from tests performed by research labs
- Illustrate innovation in a verbal, visual and written manner for internal and/or external presentations and documentatio
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
We'd like to see candidates who have:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree(s) in Sensory Science, Data Science, Life Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific arena
- 3+ years relevant industry experience. Experience in Color Cosmetics or beauty industry is preferred.
- Strong fundamental scientific background and technical expertise
- Proven ability to translate consumer needs into technical deliverables.
- Hands on experience in product testing and consumer testing and analysis
- Experience with instrumental analysis techniques that are correlated to product performance.
- Strong communication skills and capable of working with multifunctional groups to move project forward
- Proficiency in scientific writing. Capable of communicating science to non-technical community.
- Curiosity for science, global beauty industry, and trends
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and exhibit "can do" attitude
- Internally motivated
Back to top