- United States
Scientist USA / Consumer Beauty
COTY , Morris Plains, NJ
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are actively looking for a Scientist to support our consumer beauty division. You will work in the Color Cosmetics - Consumer Beauty R&D product development team to design and develop new products from insights to global distribution. This position will be based in Morris Plains with travel as assigned.
- Formulate new makeup products.
- Build understanding competitive landscape, and consumer need gaps to develop winning makeup products.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of all new products in terms of stability, compatibility, microbiology, safety, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for end-to-end project management.
- Project management within Stage Gate process for new product development and deliver key milestones.
- Perform relevant formula related testing.
- Build correlation between instrumental testing and real-life product performance.
- Build R&D capability in scientific communication & claims substantiation.
- Work across R&D disciplines (process, analytical, packaging, etc..) as well as multifunctional teams to enable and drive projects forward.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, safety, and GMP
- Minimum BS in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or related science, advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in formulating consumer goods (makeup, paints/coatings, foodstuff). Experience with pigment technology desired but not required.
- Experience with formulation and product evaluation is desired. Experience using statistical analysis is a plus.
- Project management skills with a record of delivering to set milestones.
- Innovative and creative thinker who can work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and priorities.
- Ability to translate consumer needs into technical deliverables.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of communicating science and technology to non-technical community
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and exhibit "can do" attitude
- Internally motivated
- Hands on individual, strong GLP and organizational skills are a must.
- Passion for beauty
It's important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business, not just for us but for you too. We want people to thrive here and, if you are the right culture fit with us and we with you, you'll be able to shine and achieve beyond your own expectations.
- For us, beauty is and beauty does. We are very focused because we all want the same thing: to help our consumers celebrate and liberate the diversity of their beauty - and that takes creativity, excellence and radical thinking - we are here to disrupt the beauty industry on behalf of consumers and you need to want to join that mission to succeed here.
- We have an energetic intensity about us. We're quite relentless in our determination to deliver, always accountable for our actions and tenacious. We will not be beaten by obstacles.
- Responding quickly with agile thinking to business challenges and opportunities is second nature to us. We like it that way as it means we can be creative and find new ways to make things happen fast. Colleagues will expect it of you and you'll expect it of them - we're a team and we help each other. We're all in it together - irrespective of level or part of the business.
- We always go the extra mile, pushing the boundaries to be that best partner we can be to our customers and to excite and delight our consumers.
- When you join Coty, you become part of a vibrantly diverse and energetic group who have fun in an intense sort of way. Because we're not just here for the ride, we want to change things.
Coty's purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers' beauty. Aligned to this is our mission - to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value.
We are one of the world's largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com .
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.
Back to top