Sales Development Executive
- United States
We're looking for a Sales & Development Executive to join our Sell-thru Team. SDE will cover is New England South territory. It is a fast growing territory of the NorthEast Mid-Atlantic Region. SDE is responsible for delivering retail sales goals, while strengthening local account penetration and retailer joint business planning - with a disproportionate growth acceleration in top potential doors. The SDE also owns critical organizational expectations - leading, scheduling, and coaching a diverse team of Brand Ambassadors to deliver perfect execution, every day. Sales Development Executives may also lead incremental special project work. SDE will be led by a Regional Leader with a team of seven SDE's .
- Achieve/exceed Quarterly/Seasonal/Annual retail sales goals
- Consistently deliver on commitments, proactively communicate solutions to capture upside $ or mitigate downside risk to goal.
- Regularly analyze daily/weekly retail sales and adjust to trends or future anticipated support changes.
- Partner with internal and external support teams and regularly communicate results from conducted activities, maximize opportunities, and minimize risk (while always ensuring sufficient stock levels across basic stock, Gift Sets, and testers).
- Utilize brand ranking, penetration, stock status reports as available + Maximize all promo tools to drive sales and +ROI.
- Own Joint Business Planning with retailer partners to drive accountability and seasonal sufficiency planning.
- Planning to leverage promotional calendars/visual dates, new product introductions, storewide promotions, Holiday intensification plans, Y2 anniversary plans, and competitive activity.
- Ensure Brand Ambassadors execute Coty branded events in-store with excellence (strictly following fashion house guidelines); partner with and solicit support of local Special Event, Marketing, Visual and Personal Shopper Teams to drive sales
- Leading, Scheduling and Coaching Brand Ambassadors
- Perfectly execute corporate by-door scheduling guidance & retail sales expectations.
- Ensure all Brand Ambassadors fulfill exact schedule expectations.
- Ensure all Brand Ambassadors fulfill door retail $ goal expectations.
- Manage industry best Brand Ambassador Teams.
- Weekly: Monitor specialists' schedule adherence, productivity vs goal, ROI effectiveness, and clientelling % vs targets where relevant.
- Ongoing: Ensure Coty's In-Store team builds and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with all levels of store management to secure and benefit from preferred vendor status.
- Regularly coach and lead by example through active participation in selling, events, visuals and shoulder to shoulder training.
- Actively review education materials, role-play & coach virtually via Skype sessions or in-store when possible.
- Regularly leverage data in coaching sessions + share and reapply learnings from other brands/retailers/teams.
- Ensure Specialists are influencing store management; coach on negotiations/objection handling as needed.
- Maximize In-Store Presence
- Secure allocated space & location (S&L) per corp directives. Proactively partner in/externally to ensure stock sufficiency.
- Understand S&L process & timings unique to each retailer.
- Resolve S&L concerns + leverage local relationships and data to improve S&L whenever possible.
- Secure incremental visual opportunities at door level: towers, tables, ecktachromes, T-Walls, outposts & holiday shop opportunities as budgets permit while adhering to fashion house and retailer guidelines.
- Communicate Corp merchandising guidelines with Brand Ambassadors to ensure perfect in-store presence, every day.
- Partner with Education to train Brand Ambassadors on new initiatives, Holiday + Key Merchandising Plans and Event guidance.
- Leverage market visits to confirm retention of training materials amongst Brand Ambassadors. Actively review key materials, role-play/coach virtually via regular Skype coaching sessions or in-store when possible.
- Display confidence in public speaking, it is a key requirement for successful market schools and regional/district presentations.
We'd Love to see candidates who have:
- Previous team leader experience with an organization>5 people.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Basic to Intermediate Computer Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Preferred: 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience: 2+ years' experience within Department Store Channel required; 2+ years' experience as an acct executive
- Exceptional management, organization, communication and interpersonal skills. Proven knowledge of industry trends and best practices and ability to work across functional areas.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time, including out of state travel. Required to work from a home office and have the ability to travel between client locations. This position allows for one office day per week.
This is fantastic role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You'll get to work in a diverse environment with a team who are passionate about the work they do, and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Back to top