- United States
Luxury Division, New York
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We are looking for a Royalty Accountant to join our Royalties and Licensing team in New York. This role reports to the Manager, Royalties and Licensing and has the unique opportunity to liaise with various levels of management as well as finance teams across the world.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Preparing third party royalty reporting and payments on a timely basis; Responding to inquiries from third party licensors and marketing personnel on royalty calculations and providing additional information upon request.
- Preparing monthly intercompany royalty invoices
- Assisting with booking monthly third party and intercompany royalty accruals as well as other intercompany service charges
- Preparing quarterly government reports timely and accurately
- Booking Plan (estimated) third party royalty expense three to four times annually.
- Obtaining and reviewing supporting documentation for external Licensor audits
- Preparing ad hoc requests as needed to assist the team and management in understanding third party royalty expense.
We'd love to see candidates who have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- 2-5 years business experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; particularly with manipulating large volumes of data via SUMIFs, Pivot Tables and VLookups
- Ability to quickly learn new accounting systems; exposure to Hyperion is beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of management as well as international affiliates and Licensors.
- Attention to detail
This is a unique role in that the Royalty Accountant will work for all Coty divisions and will have the opportunity to work with various functions, such as Marketing, Corporate Accounting and Tax. It offers excellent interaction with all levels of management and with finance teams across the globe.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Back to top