REACH and Chemical Management Expert
- Soest, Netherlands
Coty is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with a rich heritage and an iconic portfolio of brands loved by many around the world. Our new flagship headquarters in Amsterdam is at the heart of the action, where inspired teams work alongside each other to bring beauty to life.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are actively looking for a Reach and Chemical Management Expert to ensure compliance of all COTY materials & products with the EU/UK Chemical Regulations (CLP, REACH, transport), as well as with equivalent third countries regulations.
This is a unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact across the business. You will work in a highly motivated environment with a team who are passionate about what they do-and know how to have some fun along the way!
- Establish process and systems to ensure all substances, raw materials and products are assessed, approved and handled in compliance with EU REACH.
- Prepare registration dossiers with support of external agencies, and file application for chemical registration in the EU, in strict collaboration with Toxicologists.
- Define supply chains and REACH-compliance strategies for imported materials and products.
- Prepare and support product inspections by competent Authorities.
- Support initiative teams and Supply Chain teams in assessing sourcing scenarios, resolving contingencies and issues.
- Establish capability and process to handle REACH registration in the UK, post Brexit.
- Maintain chemical registrations owned by COTY up to date.
- Monitor EU/Global Regulatory environment related to chemical regulations, lead impact assessment and definition of compliance action plans.
- Represent COTY at relevant trade associations and lead regulatory influencing strategy for chemical regulations.
- Assist global Regulatory teams in their implementation of assessment/compliance plans for chemical regulations in third countries. Actively promote international convergence of chemical regulations.
- Maintain Regulatory capability on Classification and Labelling and SDS authoring, acting as consultant and advisor.
- Support COTY teams and manufacturing sites in defining requirements and establishing processes for the transport of chemicals and finished goods.
You are committed, conscientious and always lead with integrity. You believe in the value of teamwork. You bring a high level of knowledge and know-how plus creativity and enthusiasm to your work and to everything you do.
These are the key qualifications we need for this role:
- Master's degree in Scientific disciplines (Master of Science, Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalents).
- Minimum 5 years of experience on EU REACH, and proven track record of successful dossiers' submissions.
- Familiarity with REACH testing requirements.
- Familiarity with OECD protocols beneficial.
- Passion to design processes and systems.
- High degree of commitment and strong motivation for career in Regulatory Affairs.
- Strong internal consultancy skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to drive discussion about tool enhancements with non-experts.
- Appreciation of cultural differences and of the difference this makes to learning styles and ways of working.
- Takes personal and professional accountability.
- Demonstrates sound evidence-based judgement.
- Flexible and resourceful.
- Strong service ethic and results oriented.
- Influences at all levels to get results through collaboration.
- Demonstrates openness to change, resilience and comfort with ambiguity.
- Curious and enthusiastic contributing to building a positive team spirit.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR COTY
What you can expect from us:
- New flagship headquarters, conveniently located in Zuidas, Amsterdam's bustling business district. Our brand-new office is built to meet the dynamic needs of the modern workplace, while integrating the design principles that reflect the Coty culture of pride and performance.
- A competitive salary and pension plan; 30 days annual leave; continued learning and growth opportunities; car lease and/or mobility allowance for selected roles; international mobility support for candidates relocating to the Netherlands from abroad.
Coty is the global #1 in fragrances, #2 in salon hair and #3 in colour cosmetics. We make and distribute over 77 cosmetic, skincare, fragrances, hair colour and styling brands that are sold in more than 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
At Coty, our people make us who we are. Every day we welcome talented and creative minds from all over the world who are looking to shape their future and drive ours. We want people to thrive here, and by ensuring the right professional and cultural fit, we create an environment where people can excel and achieve beyond their own expectations.
Back to top