- United States
We are actively looking for a Principal Scientist to join our thriving Global Color Cosmetics R&D team to lead the design and execution of primarily EYE products that deliver superior consumer benefit. The Principal Scientist must be an independent critical thinker and problem solver that can thrive in a corporate research and consumer centric environment plus is willing to grow in their role while helping others. The Principal Scientist will be accountable for understanding the consumer opportunities and develop/design products that deliver against the vision as well as fueling the innovation program & pipeline. The Principle Scientist, as a technical leader, will partner with process development and packaging engineers to develop product formulations. Providing technical leadership and the ability to partner on platform and IP strategy is highly desired. In addition to this, the Principle Scientist will partner with the Claims Science team in the creation and execution of the scientific communications strategy for the segment.
- Design eye products that deliver superior consumer performance and deliver on time with regular updates to manager/director
- Translate consumer needs and insights into technical parameters and approaches
- Define formula based critical technical parameters to deliver the consumer performance with an in depth understanding of the chemistry and ingredient functions
- Demonstrate ability to conduct both independent and directed research in a collaborative multi-disciplined environment.
- Detailed knowledge in a variety of relevant technology and laboratory equipment to help ensure their team members have the resources to properly perform research tasks
- Prioritize and respond to multiple requests in a fast-paced environment. Collaborate with team members to ensure research is aligned with strategic priorities.
- Ability to make technically sound decisions based on data and consumer insights. Collaborate with the integration of multiple information to draw conclusions and do risk assessments
- Coordinate with other departmental team leads to produce effective business solutions, and provide updates to project managers
- Seek to build on existing knowledge or technology within the Eye category . Communicate capability gaps with manager/supervisor
- Ability to coach others in team and build capability of junior staff. Provide technical leadership to team with robust learning plans, developments, and recommendations to drive projects
- Partner with Claims Science team to further drive support within the brand, providing technical insight and leading data creation
- Leverage modelling & simulation capabilities for rapid learning and acceleration of programs and build the pipeline
- Work across R&D disciplines (process, analytical, packaging, etc..) as well as multifunctional teams to enable and drive projects forward.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, safety, and GMP
- Understand the competitive landscape to define product design opportunities and technical solutions
- A B.S. or M.S in Chemistry or Chemical Engineer or related science field
- Experience in consumer insight driven product/formula design or process development in an R&D environment
- Technical expertise in related science such as emulsion chemistry, and rheology. Experience with pigment technology desirable.
- Strong understanding of consumer product development and ability to bring to life
- Understand the basic principles of good experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation
- Innovative and creative thinker with ability to make connections
- Entrepreneurial and "hands on" spirit
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an innate curiosity
- Passion for beauty
- Experience in FMCG is highly desired but not required
- Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
- Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal- Motivating others, development of employees, communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
- Technical - PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to function with ease in both marketing and technical environments.
- Creating positive relationships and receptive atmosphere with the Business partners through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives .
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy.
- Demonstrated performance agility in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and stay focus on targets
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally travel to assigned regions - domestic and internationally. This will require frequent sitting for an extended period of time
- Ability to routinely follow policies and procedure related to company practices and safety procedures
- Ability to operate various office equipment and/or machinery
Description Of Work Environment/Conditions
- Ability to perform assigned work hours and work periodic overtime in order to meet the job responsibilities of the role
- Individual will be exposed to working in or around a lab environment with various equipment, machinery and chemicals. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times
- Individual may visit internal and external manufacturing sites and laboratories. Safety precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times.
Back to top